Houston Astros Cap/Alternate Logo

MDC

Now that I am getting the grasp of Inkscape, I am happy to see my concepts getting better. (at least i think so). This one is a logo that I am surprised that I have not seen before. A simple streaking ball creating the line in the A. I went back to the unique colors of blue and orange. So here it is:

Astroscap.png

Some C&C is very much needed. I would like to see this get a lot better, and maybe I will do a full rebrand if it is liked enough.

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

I think putting stitches on the ball will improve the look in addition to what joshhockey mentioned. If you could make it where it looks like the ball is coming around from the back, that would probably look pretty cool.

I think you should move the streak to the right so it overlaps both legs of the A (then you wouldn't have to even lower it). Also, make sure the bottom of the A is flat. Right now it is a bit choppy. I don't think you need stitches and I think this is a pretty cool logo.

This is a good idea. I think that you should shorten the streak a little bit, so it's not so elongated. The A could also be a tad shorter. With a few tweaks, I could see the Astros using this.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

I'm getting more of a thunder and lightning vibe than a space vibe from this.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I was thinking the same thing. I think your zigs zagged when they should've been just zigging (I know that's not a word but bear with me here. :P).

Now, if the streak went like this then we'd have something.

I do like the idea of going back to blue and orange. I was messing around with some recolors the other day and their current set translates very well in blue and orange, IMO. So yeah, good idea.

Archived