Humpback Whale logo

Cola

Well lately I have been busy with more business-focused design and I felt like I needed some kind of outlet...so I went to the drawing board with a sports logo.

Now, I did a humpback whale because simply...I have never really seen a humpback whale logo done before or whales in general. Right now I am obviously having a color scheme issue- can't decide.

Also, I had a suggestion from someone to alter the underbelly of the humpback whale (last row)...just in case people don't immediately recognize that it's a humpback. Did this help or was it generally unnecessary?

Other than that, any C&C or suggestions from you guys to make it a tad better? I kind of threw the wordmark together but I think it could work- I wanted water splashes around the tail, but they looked odd. Even thought of having water blowing out from the top of the wordmark above the "HUM", just an idea.

HumpbackWhale_CC.jpg

Looks great..would have been a sweet Hartford Whalers alt. My choice would be the bottom left one or if I may make a suggestion...perhaps a NarWal, the one with the one long tusk. I always thought it would make a perfect hockey team name. Great work as always.

• 8 months later...

This is a great topic that is being ignored :cry: . I personally think narwhals would be awesome if this wasn't as awesome enough already. (too many awesomes in a sentence) My favorite is the dark gray gold one.

My first thought was this would be a perfect logo for Charlie Weis! haha reminded me of this... http://image.spreadshirt.com/image-server/image/composition/1618903/view/1/producttypecolor/7/type/png/width/280/height/280

K now in all seriousness... Do you have a sport in mind for this concept my first thought was if its football it would fit better on a helmet if the arc of the whale was opposite. Sorry if I missed where you said what kinda team you had in mind for this.

I do like the belly lines on the bottom of the whale. In the latest version the eye other than the white gets a lil lost and I know its the way the mouth goes on this type of whale but it does look sad as some others have said.

Mhockeyavatar-1.jpgMRink.jpgMhockeyavatarmaize-1.jpg

wow this is a surprise bump. as far as the eye goes, it was kind of hard to add detail since it is such a small and almost unnoticeable part of a whale (although I did increase the eye size in the update). that also goes along with the sadness part- the natural shape of a humpback whale's mouth area goes downward, which often implies a frown or sadness.

Archived