My first 5 MLB Rebrands...

elliott

Hey, I haven't been doing too much lately, so I've been doing a lot of MLB work in anticipation of being much, much busier later on in the summer...my first 5 rebrands are in a different template/layout, and I decided I would go back and revisit a few things.

Some are just small tweaks, others change more things and introduce completely new jerseys, especially bps, as the first 5 featured no bp jerseys.

So, I don't know how many comments or how much interest this will get, I really just did it for myself because a few things bothered me, but I decided I would share with you guys because I like you so much. :)

#1: Mariners

What's new...

-I introduced a new primary logo as the original didn't really have one

-a simple S mark is featured as a cap logo

-hats are changed around, originally I had a teal alt cap, and I think the buttons on the game cap were teal

-piping is different, chest piping is featured, and the navy jersey piping goes from teal to silver

-all-new bp

Logos

Jerseys

#2: Rays

What's new...

-Both script logos are tweaked, especially certain parts of the "Tampa Bay"

-Home and away are slightly different design wise, the yellow moves to the very edge of the sleeve, and I dropped the chest piping in favor of the same yellow edge design

-new number font

-all-new alternate and bp

Logos

Jerseys

#3: Marlins

What's new...

-meh, not too much. Originally I had a brand new cap logo but i scrapped it at the last second, going back to the old one

-piping on the alt goes from white to orange

-all-new bp

Logos

Jerseys

#4: Orioles

What's new...

-I dropped the B cap logo, bring in the modernized O (which I happen to love)

-yeah, so the road and alt caps are completely different, but other than that, not much has changed jersey wise, I really liked it to begin with

-all-new bp, including a two-tone hat

-a word on this, this, for some reason, is one of my favorite concepts I have ever done. Idk what it is, but I really like it. I just wanted to say that

Logos

Jerseys

#5: Braves

What's new...

-on the road cap logo, I used a gray letter to match the jersey, then added a touch of white to the outline

-dropped the blue road alternate but kept the throwback

-all-new bp, with the home style cap

Logos

Jerseys

Yeah, so, hopefully you like what I did here, like I said before, it's nothing drastic, but it repackages everything in a way which I think is much more visually pleasing and organized. I'm not expecting too many comments but if I improved what needed to be fixed, and if a few new people get to see what they missed, then hey, I'm happy.

Mariners - Great update, really like the new logos. To be honest though, I hate the colors. I've never liked those colors (my school has them as well) and going with the gray too, it just seems so drab (which kind of fits Seattle since it's such a rainy city, but still, it's not visually pleasing or eye-catching).

Rays - I didn't like your primary logo at first, but the whole set has really grown on me. Everything looks awesome, and I love the colors. The uniforms are what make the concept though, they're freakin' stellar. That alternate, though some may not like the same color numbers and wordmark, I would buy in a heartbeat.

Marlins - Another awesome concept. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the colors, just something about the way the black complements the aqua and orange, it's fantastic, probably the best Marlins concept I've seen. The uniforms again, are amazing.

Orioles - I like the striping on the jerseys, and it's all pretty solid. Throwback-ish with some modern touches. I'm not sure I still like the blocky-ness of the script. One thing that bothered me is the outline on the full body oriole, I think I'd rather it be black than orange.

Braves - My least favorite. Just something about the Indian head, it looks like it belongs in the 70's, not like it belongs in the 21st century. I know you were going for old school, but nothing about it really catches my eye or makes me feel like it belongs, can't really explain it. I do love the A/feather logo though.

Overall, fantastic job on all of these, and the updates make them that much better.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

• 2 weeks later...

I really liked the concept you used on Mariners very nice design.

the marlins were pretty sweet i like the use of a accent color with them

the rest of them ahh they were ok nothing making me go wow

The rays looked like a minor league team

and just wondering why the hell you picked Aybar to put on the jerseys for them over of Longoria,Crawford,Kazmir,Upton just thought that was funny

but that TB wordmark was pretty cool though.B)

Keep em coming you got some skills

Hey, I haven't been doing too much lately, so I've been doing a lot of MLB work in anticipation of being much, much busier later on in the summer...my first 5 rebrands are in a different template/layout, and I decided I would go back and revisit a few things.

Some are just small tweaks, others change more things and introduce completely new jerseys, especially bps, as the first 5 featured no bp jerseys.

So, I don't know how many comments or how much interest this will get, I really just did it for myself because a few things bothered me, but I decided I would share with you guys because I like you so much. :)

#1: Mariners

What's new...

-I introduced a new primary logo as the original didn't really have one

-a simple S mark is featured as a cap logo

-hats are changed around, originally I had a teal alt cap, and I think the buttons on the game cap were teal

-piping is different, chest piping is featured, and the navy jersey piping goes from teal to silver

-all-new bp

Logos

Jerseys

#2: Rays

What's new...

-Both script logos are tweaked, especially certain parts of the "Tampa Bay"

-Home and away are slightly different design wise, the yellow moves to the very edge of the sleeve, and I dropped the chest piping in favor of the same yellow edge design

-new number font

-all-new alternate and bp

Logos

Jerseys

#3: Marlins

What's new...

-meh, not too much. Originally I had a brand new cap logo but i scrapped it at the last second, going back to the old one

-piping on the alt goes from white to orange

-all-new bp

Logos

Jerseys

#4: Orioles

What's new...

-I dropped the B cap logo, bring in the modernized O (which I happen to love)

-yeah, so the road and alt caps are completely different, but other than that, not much has changed jersey wise, I really liked it to begin with

-all-new bp, including a two-tone hat

-a word on this, this, for some reason, is one of my favorite concepts I have ever done. Idk what it is, but I really like it. I just wanted to say that

Logos

Jerseys

#5: Braves

What's new...

-on the road cap logo, I used a gray letter to match the jersey, then added a touch of white to the outline

-dropped the blue road alternate but kept the throwback

-all-new bp, with the home style cap

Logos

Jerseys

Yeah, so, hopefully you like what I did here, like I said before, it's nothing drastic, but it repackages everything in a way which I think is much more visually pleasing and organized. I'm not expecting too many comments but if I improved what needed to be fixed, and if a few new people get to see what they missed, then hey, I'm happy.

Nice Braves concept, but I have some more ideas for your concept:

Alternate gray jersey: gray front like you have on the road uniform, with the blue feather sleeves like you have on the throwback jersey.

Alternate throwback jersey: dark blue like the batting practice jersey, with white feather sleeves (similar to what the Braves wore in the early 1970s)

Alternate modern jersey: blue with white " feather A" logo on left breast, numbers in white on right breast.

In fact, I think all the Braves jerseys should have numbers on the front, for historically, the throwbacks had numbers on the front.

Modern home, away, and alternate jersey should have the Indian chief logo on the left sleeve.

Alternate home cap: blue with white "Feather A" logo.

Not really fond of the road cap. Should make it blue with a red "A".

Atlanta Braves, please bring back the Indian Head logo.

As for the Baltimore concept: I think that for the home cap, it should have the full bird profile on the cap. It looks excellent, but I would change it from orange to black. Make the orange cap the alternate one.

Atlanta Braves, please bring back the Indian Head logo.

Archived