Cincinnati Reds Organizational Redesign

floydnimrod

I've decided to redesign the whole Cincinnati Reds organization, farm system included. I'll start by doing the lowest league teams and work my way up ,eventually getting the Cincinnati Reds themselves.

The first team is one of the team's Rookie league teams, the Gulf Coast League Reds. The jerseys very closely resemble the uniforms the Cincinnati Reds wore from 1993-1998, as that was the goal (another goal was to have no black). The pintriped hats are included, to some's delights, and others' dismay. The road uniforms also have pinstripes. The way they differ from the actuall 90s uniforms is mainly the road. Since the team technically has no city attached to their name, it didn't seem fit to put one on the uniform it self, hence the wishbone C on both home and away. With the 'C' already on the away it appeared redundant to make that the sleeve patch as well. Thus, the inclusion of that era's Mr. Redlegs, with roughly added pinstripes (his jersey is supposed to match my home jersey). I did not put a sleeve patch on the home because some players wear long sleeves, so thereofre some wouldn't have the sleeve patch.

gclreds.png

As always....C+C is welcome.

EDIT: Also, you've probably noticed that the template does not have the usual black lines. It turns out they are a big pet peeve of mine, because they don't actually appear on a real jersey. I treid to make them look as if they would on the field. I've replaced the black lines with a darker version of the color, signifying the end of the jersey/pants/sock/hat. I hope this won't cause any problems.

i like th home uni, not a fan of the road uni. i dont like unis without the city/state on it.

^^Did you not read the description he wrote? It says, and I quote (without actually quoting :D) ..."Since the team technically has no city attached to their name, it didn't seem fit to put one on the uniform it self, hence the wishbone C on both home and away"

I digress. I like this a lot. The pinstriped cap works well, and I like the absence of red. Fits the team well, seeing as, you know, they're called the Reds. I'm not such a fan of that Mr. Redlegs patch, but whatever. I think that the numbers on the roadies need some white, too. Nice work anyways!

scotland_fifasig.png

Me likey!

As a '90s kid and old Reds admirer (back when the Brewers were in the AL), it feels good to see that classic set again!

Really looking forward to seeing what's next (Billings Mustangs, I believe)

bYhYmxh.png

i like th home uni, not a fan of the road uni. i dont like unis without the city/state on it.

^^Did you not read the description he wrote? It says, and I quote (without actually quoting :D) ..."Since the team technically has no city attached to their name, it didn't seem fit to put one on the uniform it self, hence the wishbone C on both home and away"

I digress. I like this a lot. The pinstriped cap works well, and I like the absence of red. Fits the team well, seeing as, you know, they're called the Reds. I'm not such a fan of that Mr. Redlegs patch, but whatever. I think that the numbers on the roadies need some white, too. Nice work anyways!

sorry, i didnt realize this was the complete franchise series and this was the lower level. i thought i was lookign at the mlb team. my bad.

Mets, Jets, Islanders

As a Reds fan and a former employee, I love this concept. These are almost exactly the same uniforms the Reds had when I worked in the minors with them from 1994-98. In most cases in the GCL, the teams wear the same uniform as the parent club, and usually they are passed down uni's that the big club no longer uses. I know you are going with the early 90's look when there was no trim around the letters but I myself thought that was a boring look and would put a little white around the letters and numbers as they did in the late 90's to make them stand out. I look foreward to your take on the rest of the organization.

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

Team #2 Billings Mustangs

Again, I modeled this concept after an old Reds jersey (There will be more of this for Sarasota, and maybe Carolina). This time it's after the uniform worn during 1999 and through 2006. I focused more on the 1999 era unirforms. They differ slightly in that, in 1999/2000, the Reds wore black sleeves with the home uniforms and red sleeves with the roads. That concept was switched in 2001. I always thought it looked good with black at home, but I put in on the roads as well. I also reworked the primary logo a little. I gave it a new font, that had a more western feel. This font appears on the jersey scripts and the numbers too.

billingsmustangs.png

Next up is Dayton (with again more pinstripes!)

Team #3: Dayton Dragons

These are not modeled after any past Reds uniforms, partly due to the color scheme. I thought black pinstripes loked nice here, but I didn't feel the need to put them on the aways. The alternate is a bit out there, as minor league teams tend to do.

daytondragons.png

In general, I like the Dragons set. I like the pinstripes at home, but not on the road. The striping on the alternate is a nice change. A few minor issues: 1) The green D might get lost on a green hat. It doesn't look too bad right now, but maybe try a black hat with a green brim at home; 2) I'd prefer a "Dayton" script on the road jerseys, but since you aren't using any script on the homes, I guess what you have is ok; 3) I'd lose the small, upper portion of the white stripe on the alternate.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Concept #4: Sarasota Reds

With the team name being the Reds it was hard not to model the uniforms after a past Reds' uniform. This time I opted for the Big Red Machine Era, except this time the home uniforms are a cream color rather than the tradidtional white. I went with the standard MLB block font for the numbers, with a white outline on the aways, and no outline on the homes. I also decided against sleeve patches.

Unlike the GCL Reds, there is a city attached to the team, so I found it unnecessary to use the wishbone C; instead I presens to you: the Wishbone S!

sarasotareds.png

C+C, as always.

I like it!

Seriously, the current "Sarasota C-Reds" logo doesn't make much sense-good to see you using some intuition there! Looking forward to the Carolina Mudcats logo...

bYhYmxh.png

Archived