St. Bonaventure Football

sc49erfan15

First of all, I'd like to shamelessly plug my Texas-Arlington concept, as it only got a few replies.

Next, I'm rounding out the Atlantic 10 Conference - Charlotte, George Washington, St. Joseph's, Saint Louis, and Xavier have already been done, and La Salle just recently discontinued their team for the 2008 season.

The Bonnies of St. Bonaventure University:

stbona.png

A short history lesson and comments on the design:

-St. Bonaventure University is a small, private Catholic university located in southwestern New York, near the Pennsylvania border. St. Bonaventure has a student body of about 2,500.

-Most people know of St. Bonaventure because of its basketball team, as it has enjoyed success throughout its history - most notably, a trip to the Final Four in 1970. More recently, the St. Bonaventure basketball program was rocked by scandal in 2003, which resulted in 3 years' probation and the termination of Jan van Breda Kolff as head coach. SBU last made the NCAA Tournament in 2000, losing 85-80 to Kentucky in double overtime. They also made the NIT in 2001 and 2002.

-St. Bonaventure played football until 1952. The Bonnies were known as the Brown Indians until 1992.

-Onto the design, the Bonnies use brown as their primary color, with tan accents. The brown comes from the color of the robes that the friars on campus wear, which I think is pretty cool. A more yellowish tan is used in the logos (but not on any Bonnies uniforms), but I included this color solely as trim.

-I went rather traditional in terms of uniform design, nothing spectacular - as SBU seems to do. The number font (obviously) replicates that of the wordmark. I didn't feel the primary logo (there isn't a wolf-only logo) fit well on the jerseys, and used the secondary "wolf/shield" on the sleeves.

-The throwback alternate harkens back to the day when the university was known as "St. Bonaventure's College" or "St. Bona's" for short. This is not a replication of a uniform actually worn by the Brown Indians, as photos are hard to come by. However, I used only the colors brown and white with ultra-traditional uniform designs to give it a throwback feel.

Now's your time to chip in. Whatcha think?

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

very nicely done, great job. the only thing that i'd might change is maybe put "bonnies" or the wolf head logo on the helmet instead of using the abbreviated "St. Bonna."

on the flip side I didn't known that St. Bonaventure and Siena shared the same S :D

HumanitarianBowl.png

NOT THE BONNIES!!! :D

Naw--for real, though, I like this. Outside of the identity package (which is actually quite nice considering the school is so small), I can see you ain't have a lot to work with, so kudos for turning out a nice concept. (By the way..did Adidas sponsor your throwback set? Sike--just kidding.)

There really isn't much C&C I can give, given that there really isn't much here-but that ain't your fault. Like I said, I like what you did--and plus, I'm a fan of brown, so that's automatically a plus. I do agree with the above poster in that maybe that wolf shield logo should go on the helmets--either that or extract the wolf from the top part of the primary logo and use that as the helmet logo.

I'd be interested in seeing what a completely drawn-out number set would look like...what's up???

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

heh, i meant to post on the UTA concept, if only to note your name change. something tells me brown would work better for the collar and cuffs of the road jersey, but you did a pretty good job here. As B said though, aint really much to say...except there must be way too many Niner fans here now for you to be THE 49er fan ;) (it could be argued there were way too many in the first place :D, but who's counting?)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Hahaha. I love this. I had no idea St. Bonaventure had a football team.

They don't. That's the point of these concepts.

I think he might have meant that he didn't know St. Bona used to have a team.

Anyway, thanks for the comments guys, I'm currently working on an update as well as a complete version of the number font.

Keem 'em coming!

Hahaha. I love this. I had no idea St. Bonaventure had a football team.

They don't. That's the point of these concepts.

I think he might have meant that he didn't know St. Bona used to have a team.

Anyway, thanks for the comments guys, I'm currently working on an update as well as a complete version of the number font.

Keem 'em coming!

You accepted the challenge!!!

I'll be patiently awaiting your updates, sir.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Le update, with the helmet logo changed to the wolf from the primary.

StBonaFootball2.png

And, as Bucco requested, a full number font. Let me say that I don't really know the first thing about font creation, through these concepts I've only modified one or two numbers at a time, usually to mimic the font used on the team's wordmark. I'm sure I messed something up somewhere along the line (this was tough!) but here it is:

BonaFont.png

Archived