Carolina Wrens

rentz

I hope they name Frank Wren as GM...ok got that out of the way.

I think the Wren on the sleeve is to big. I still think it is kinda porky as well. I do like the colors and the plain C on the cap is fine.

For a secondary perhaps the outline of both states with a W superimposed over them.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Here is the style guide... I feel I am nearly done with this identity.

styleguide.png

I added a new color, which I've called 'Champagne'. It's basically a light sand but Champagne sounds cooler, in my opinion :P

Because the general consensus seems to be make the C the primary cap logo, I have. The 'feather-c' has been made an alternate cap, in Gold! Gold isn't used very often on caps, so I think it looks pretty interesting.

No big changes to the home, but I have made the road unis the daring color Gold as well. I'm not sure if the champagne alternate is light enough to be a home uniform, but I think it looks pretty good.

All C+C is appreciated.

Edit: That's a great idea gueman, I'll try that

Edit 2: Updated with secondary, thanks again gueman. I think that would make a great sleeve patch, I may replace the wren with that.

I updated the style guide, which you can find here: http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/1566/styleguide.png or the original post.

An overview of some changes:

-- Dropped the other primary and made the rounder wren the primary, it seemed unnecessary to me to have two logos which are basically variations of the other.

-- Updated the secondary.

-- Made the secondary the shoulder patch.

-- Made the road uniforms champagne as suggested, and made an alt gold.

-- Made a new alternate hat, with white as I love white hats.

-- Removed the white outline on the numbers on the Coffee alt because I found it helps their legibility.

and a couple of other small changes.

All C+C is welcome.

Since there's about a 98% chance a MLB team in the Carolinas would play in Charlotte, NC...

The people of Raleigh and the surrounding area would beg to differ. Baseball at the professional level is a better draw here than there thanks to the Carolina Mudcats and Durham Bulls. The Charlotte Knights meanwhile don't fare nearly as well.

That's because the Charlotte (NC) Knights actually play in Fort Mill, South Carolina. Too out of the way to develop a solid fan base. Bring the team uptown with the new stadium!

Archived