Two restaurant redesigns spotted

txhockeyfan

I was in Denton, TX a few weeks back and spotted a Pizza Hut and Red Lobster whose signs featured new logos. I did not have my camera with me. When I go back, I'll take some pictures. The Pizza Hut logo was in the same style of the aforementioned "The Hut" logo, but it did say "Pizza Hut."

• 2 weeks later...
the_hut_building-725871.jpg

Not bad, the architecture is very fresh, and the logos are nice, especially the "Pizza Hut" wordmark on the roof. I refuse to refer to Pizza Hut as "The Hut" though.

Slap a green roof on that building and you have a Chili's. :P

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

The architecture there, if we can call it that, makes it look like it's in the middle of big-box heaven, or that the adjacent outlet mall has the same styling. Yes, I'm jaded.

I do like it better than "regular" pizza huts, though, even if I refuse to patronize their business.

Waiting for RL pics.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I don't know what it means, but the infamous "Pizza Hut" word mark has been removed from the FAMOUS "red hut roof" down the alley from my house here in Bay View MKE. Dammit, I shoulda stolen that z when I had the chance lol*. I think they also just put a fresh paint job on the wood exterior of the joint. The building is one of the original sit downs converted into carryout/delivery.

-----------------

* In no way do I encourage theft.

(Unless it comes to holding onto a piece of design and American lexicon)

Still, I don't condone stealing!

Kyle

packchampionslfroh.png

Archived