Canterbury Bankstown NRL retro logo

rmered

I'll keep this short as I don't have much time...

PROS

• Full bodied Bulldog is back
  • CB "Berries" monogram is included
  • Vee saddle in background looks to be a sign that the classic jersey is returning
    bulldogs-2.jpg

CONS

• Should have used Berries shield shape
    canterbury_1960.jpg
  • Dog lacks the aggression of previous versions (going for a family friendly image after a decade off-field issues, no doubt)
  • Vee in the background is overkill especially when it will be viewed on a jumper, they had an option for the butcher stripes as well, that was my preference
  • Fans also voted for a return to the Canterbury-Bankstown moniker, logo only contains Bulldogs. Bit of an identity crisis even though the CB monogram is there
  • Not a fan of the heavy use of Black

All in all, right intention, wrong execution. Better than the old logo by lengths though.

sig.png

Nothing outstanding, but it certainly beats that blind bulldog abstraction they've been using. Any idea as to whether the "CB" insignia could signal a return to the team officially labeling itself as Canterbury, instead of just "The Bulldogs"? I mean, the announcers seem to still call them that all the time, regardless of what the official name might be.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

924993-new-bulldogs-logo-and-old-bulldogs-logo.jpg

Canterbury have released their new logo, based on their 1980's logo.

I love it ... totally love the retro feel. That angular thing they've been using for a few years is horrible ... massive upgrade!

Richmond.pngCanucks-1.png49ers-1.pngMariners-2.png

Thanks to Gobbi for the awesome buttons!

It's a tidy update of the 80s era dog - I like it. Bit disappointed they're not pushing Canterbury-Bankstown more, but oh well.

The name change was only very recent, last week I think. The logo has been around nearly 6 months.

sig.png

I love the retro-dog. I've seen quite a few bulldog concepts on here, and being used by colleges in the US, but am yet to come across a bulldog image better than the old Canterbury one. The modern update should be better for most uses on screen, in print, on merchandise etc.

liverpool-1.png

Archived