New Orleans Zephyrs Will Get New Logo

mightynine

And all I can say is, about time. Here's their current logo:

4836.gif

Not a bad idea, but the text is horribly squished - the idea works better on the hat logo:

4838.gif

I'd love to see them go back to something like their original logo:

5417.gif

But, here's what we know:

The nutria will not be part of the logo.

The colors may be changed.

The "Z" (as seen below) will still be a cap logo (I think).

5418.gif

Anyone with connections might know who's working on this? Not looking for a leak, just an idea.

Thanks!

kU6ns.gif

Both of the current logos shown are way too busy for my taste. I hope they come up with something that blows us away. I think it is safe to say that Plan B. isn't working on this. That is just judging by their activity in The Clink Room. One choice down, 4500 to go.

But what will happen to Boudreaux and Clotile?

That being said, they are in much need of a new identity. Sure, they got lucky with the "Zephyrs" moniker (what's that, a Western wind, right?) and being able to tie it to the beloved roller coaster from Pontchartrain Park. What they need is to make Tom Benson give up the rights to the "Pelicans" name and make that the new identity - just like it was for 60 years when New Orleans played in the old Southern Association.

And just a few suggestions:

keep the blue and green

get an interlocking "N"O" cap (as mentioned earlier)

bring back the "NOLA" jersey - but, this time, be creative instead of the plain, white block letters on blue jersey

and keep Boudreaux... he does a mean chicken dance

well, there you go, my two cents...

Mightynine, where do you here this? Didn't see or hear anything down here about it, and I came up with nothing on a web search.

The only thing today I noticed was the article in the Times-Picayune about how bad a year it was business-wise for the Z's:

New Orleans Zephyrs' postseason focus shifts toward business end.

I'm not surprised. This is the first year EVER I didn't go to even one Zephyrs game. Personally, it's due to being a lot more busy and having a lot more other things going on. But for the rest of the populace/fans, it's probably the same old scenario simairl to the rest of the country:

-- "new team" novelty wore out

-- "new stadium" novelty wore out.

-- hasn't had a very competitive team in a while

-- too many other things going on/ other diversions(in New Orleans last two years, Hornets late season and playoffs in April/May overlap with start of season)

-- down economy.

-- can't follow the team due to almost constant parent club changing (Milwaukee to Houston to Washington to the N.Y. Mets to Florida).

That being said, if they are changing the logo, I really do hope they get rid of Boudreaux on the logo. He;s great as a costumed mascot, but he doesn't beling on the primary logo, much less on the CAP....

Sure, they got lucky with the "Zephyrs" moniker (what's that, a Western wind, right?) and being able to tie it to the beloved roller coaster from Pontchartrain Park...

Actually, Pontchartrain Beach; "Pontchartrain Park" is a neighborhood near SUNO.

83.jpg

It is what it is.

Actually, Pontchartrain Beach; "Pontchartrain Park" is a neighborhood near SUNO.

83.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAA... they are revoking my "native New Orleanian" card... I guess too many news stories on Pontchartrain Park and I had a lapse... I'm soooo embarrassed...

Mightynine, where do you here this? Didn't see or hear anything down here about it, and I came up with nothing on a web search.

It was announced a while back on their blog.

Hey, I seen to remember hearing a rock(?) station in New Orleans called The Zephyr while I was visiting my relatives there. This could be anytime during the late 80's through the early 00's. Is that station still around?

Long, long gone.

kU6ns.gif

Archived