Another Concept. Detroit Wraiths

Nick 1733

Reminds me of the "Nasgal (sp?)", the black riders from Lord of the Rings.

Nice logo - I like it! :D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

LOL, thats exactly what i was going for, look at the design of the sword.

And thanks, I do my best work with a pencil.

It's spelled Nasgul, and if you've seen the third movie, you would know that it's not the wraith's that are called Nasgul, its the dragon-like creatures they ride.

I've only 2 of the three - Lord of the Rings. I love the work - glad to see I recognized it. The sword gave it away. Good Stuff!!!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

skater- its not bad for a first draft, but it seems a bit static and the sword is just hanging there. Maybe an armored hand clutching the hilt with the sword at a more dramatic angle? I look forward to seeing how this turns out.

and call me a geek but the Nazgul are the same as the Ring-Wraiths.

Sorry, but i know LOTR, and if you have seen the third movie, you would know that they call the Dragon-like creatures that the Wraiths ride Nazgul. In the final chapter the head wraith says, "Don't get between a Nazgul and he's prey."

Second, the sword is there to represent the end of the Wraith, it's supposed to have the wordmark "Detroit" over the sword and "Wraiths" underneath the sword.

A little off-topic yes, but the wraiths are the Nazgul. To quote the index in the appendices of the book Return of the King, "Nazgul (ring-wraith)." The dragon creatures are just "fell beasts."

But to your logo again, I think the addition and placement of the wordmarks will be good. Perhaps a hand clutching the sword would also be good for instances where the wordmark is not shown. Just a thought.

Oh man. completely irrelevant......but I have had a few at happy hour ( is this a theme with me)

Ring wraiths = Nazgul.

Somebody already said it but the dragon flying things are Fell Beasts.

Nice concept. I'll even help with it later.

But you gotta know your stuff when you wax philosophical about JRR.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

OK, first off, we have settled the Wraith/Nazgul discussion, if you read my previous post.

Here's what needs to be done; Colored (Black, Silver, Gray & Midnight Blue), Armored Hand Gripping the Sword, Wordmark Added.

I'm not good at all on doing wordmarks, I'll try to get the hand on the sword, other than that any help would be greatly appriciated.

Archived