Replicas vs Authentics

hjwii

The replithentics for the Colts and Jets aren't bad because those stripes on the shoulders are still the elastic/ribbed material that they are on the authentics as well. It's my main beef with the Steelers jerseys because their sleeve stripes on the authentics are also that elastic/ribbed material whereas on the replicas and replithentics is still those horrible sticky vinyl stripes that you find on every NFL and NBA replica (and those very cheap NHL ones they sell at Walmart, at least in Canada).

This is also the case with the Panthers (Authentics use dazzle fabric like the rest of the shoulder, in the other colors) and teams who have contrasting cuffs (Dolphins, Ravens, Buccaneers, etc...)

MegatronSig2.jpg

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are right... the Kraft analogy is not appropriate. It's the same product, but different branding, and that is basically the argument.

Look, it seems like you're just trying to somehow rationalize buying knockoff jerseys, which is fine -- it's a free country, and despite people's moral objections, it's something there will always be a market for. This is just the sort of place where that sort of thing would be frowned upon, mainly because these are the people from whom the money is being diverted.

It's not so much me rationalizing buying replica/imitation jerseys as it is trying to rationalize with my wife why I want to buy any jersey. This all came about when I said I really liked the new Minnesota green jersey and she went on a tirade about cost and if I buy it she'll leave me. After thinking about my dilemma for a few hours, that authentic jersey would cost me $300 plus divorce fees... So no more new jerseys...

Thank you everyone for your insight and discussion. Despite what you might think of me, this conversation has been most enlightening...

You are right... the Kraft analogy is not appropriate. It's the same product, but different branding, and that is basically the argument.

Look, it seems like you're just trying to somehow rationalize buying knockoff jerseys, which is fine -- it's a free country, and despite people's moral objections, it's something there will always be a market for. This is just the sort of place where that sort of thing would be frowned upon, mainly because these are the people from whom the money is being diverted.

It's not so much me rationalizing buying replica/imitation jerseys as it is trying to rationalize with my wife why I want to buy any jersey. This all came about when I said I really liked the new Minnesota green jersey and she went on a tirade about cost and if I buy it she'll leave me. After thinking about my dilemma for a few hours, that authentic jersey would cost me $300 plus divorce fees... So no more new jerseys...

Thank you everyone for your insight and discussion. Despite what you might think of me, this conversation has been most enlightening...

Leave you over a jersey? Wow. Good luck, buddy.

At that point, brother... get the jersey, dump the bitch.

Any time a bitch tries to say "Me or A Jersey"... pick the jersey.

Okay.. maybe I exaggerated a bit; it wasn't quite that bad. I mean, I didn't leave her when she brought home that dog, even tho I did say "me or the dog". And that's even after when she puts the Avalanche doggie sweater on him...

At that point, brother... get the jersey, dump the bitch.

Any time a bitch tries to say "Me or A Jersey"... pick the jersey.

Okay.. maybe I exaggerated a bit; it wasn't quite that bad. I mean, I didn't leave her when she brought home that dog, even tho I did say "me or the dog". And that's even after when she puts the Avalanche doggie sweater on him...

Buy her the jersey...Her Mind = Blown....

Archived