Johnny Knox Personal Logo

MDC

Coming off the high from yesterday's bears game, and being incredibly bored in English class as well, I doodled in my notebook for a while, and found out I was really onto something. Coming home, i transferred it to the computer, and I am very happy with the results.

Now, I really feel Johnny knox has superstar potential. He was a late round steal for the bears (actually one of the picks from denver in the cutler deal). He has FREAKISH athletic ability and has hands like magnets. Dont be surprised if he comes home with the ROY if Sanchez cant keep it up.

heres what i came up with. His number is 13, which i incorporated into the logo. Its a K, as in Knox. the K also makes a 1, and there is a 3 outlining the k as well. I think it looks real nice, and transfers easily to other colors.

Tell me what you think. C&C is greatly appreciated.

JohnnyKnoxpersonalLogo.png

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Though Johnny Knox is rising fast on my hated players list, I'll give some C&C. I like the design so far. However, there's not much to differentiate the 3 from the "K" at the moment. When I first saw it, I was looking for a "J" and sort of saw the 3 as more of an outline to the "K"

If I had to pick one of the designs you currently have, it would be the second one from the left. I feel that it's the most readable and you can tell where the 1, K and 3 are

sig2_by_sergeiofrussia.png

Yeah, lose the outlines. Focus on the colors-- use only three at a time, including the background. for example, the 1/k could be orange, the 3 white, and the background blue.

I like where the design is going but the outline isn't adding anything to the design. focus on the colors/geometry of the logo.

I've got a very good update sketched out. I'll try to get it up tomorrow. It uses the negative space quite well

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

This is an excellent start but anybody who sees this for the first time won't be able to pick out the 13 in the design. The 3 looks more like a sideways M and the J isn't that noticeable. The J problem is an easy fix but I?d curve the two K arms (shown below) outward rather than inward. This should make the 3 more visually prominent.

johnny_knox_example.jpg

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

Thanks a lot for the tips, its nice to get some C&C from design standpoint.

Heres what I came up with. I got rid of the reliance on the outlines, so that the logo looks good in one color. I made it a 13 by itself, with a K featured in the negative space. I hope you guys like it, but tell me what you think.

JohnnyKnoxPersonalLogo2.png

sigpurp.png

Archived