ColorWerx/SSUR New Team Colors Documents

TruColor

I have re-thought out how I'm doing the team colors swatches on the SSUR. It's a long and involved story, but it takes a LOT of my time to keep those swatch images up-to-date. And, I'm constantly tweaking the formats, information, etc., and it just overwhelms me to be honest.

A few years ago, I had these things in PDF format, and I'm thinking about going back to that for the time-being.

My intent is to eventually completely re-write the entire site (using the colorwerx.us URL and ColorWerx name in place of SSUR), but in the meantime, I'm going to provide the team colors information by league, and as single PDF documents.

I would like to get feedback from you guys; for starters, here is the NHL:

NHL Team Colors

This report includes what I call "Franchise Colors", "Alternate Uniform Colors", and "Special Uniform Colors". I am not including patch colors or supplemental logo colors, but I certainly could if people want it. I will also generate separate PDFs for League logos, Event logos (e.g., World Series logos, Super Bowl logos, etc.), and other categories.

I am still tweaking the format for this report - I have a few kinks to work out...including how my borders and lines get interpreted by the PDF generator. I'm not real happy with how this report looks on-screen.

Please, please, PLEASE let me know what you guys think...any and all comments, criticisms, suggestions, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

I like it. I like being able to scroll through a league for the teams I'm looking for. It was nice to be able to just click through and compare the colors of the Colorado Avalanche and visually with a click see the difference. I don't know if there's a perfect way to do this. You do a great job on it, so whatever way you do it, someone will think there's a better way; but you do a great job.

Donovan thanks for your great work!

For me personally, I want to have all the extra colors for events and League logos. For me this is important!The work plan was comfortable old version, I sohrpnl your lists directly on the vector page. For storage-PDF ideal!

Thanks again for your work!!

Donovan thanks for your great work!

For me personally, I want to have all the extra colors for events and League logos. For me this is important!The work plan was comfortable old version, I sohrpnl your lists directly on the vector page. For storage-PDF ideal!

Thanks again for your work!!

I'm still going to have separate documents for Events, League logos, Award logos, etc., so everything (for the most part) will still be represented. I'm also going to add Commemorative logos to the main document.

Would it be advantageous to put a logo next to per se the event that the colors are for? I can look at an All-Star game color swatch but have no clue what the logo looked like. I'm just thinking.

Would it be advantageous to put a logo next to per se the event that the colors are for? I can look at an All-Star game color swatch but have no clue what the logo looked like. I'm just thinking.

In theory, that would be a GREAT idea.

However, it would really be a pain in the buttocks to implement. Database bloat, for example, would be outrageous.

Maybe some day...

OK. Next question - I keep going back and forth with the issue of including or excluding alternate colors - do you like them, or do you not like them? For example, in most cases when a metallic color is specified, there is usually a "flat", non-metallic color designated as a replacement in the case where metallics aren't going to be used.

I can include/exclude these alternate colors easily when running the reports, but I waffle in regards to using them or not. On one hand, it is sometimes useful to see these colors, and how they relate to the rest of the color palette, but on the other hand, they can make the palette look confusing. Here's an example - the Ducks with the flat alternate colors, and without:

AnaheimDucks_FRC_9999_SOL_SRGB.png

vs.

AnaheimDucks_FR2_9999_SOL_SRGB.png

What 'cha think?

AnaheimDucks_FRC_9999_SOL_SRGB.png

I think it appropriate for the first option. Example - I do not have all the knowledge of pantone and how to replace it. (As an example - Silver = 30% Gray). Beginner will be more convenient to see the full range of options range.

I definitely like having the alternate metallic colors because they provide a much better approximation for me on screen as opposed to the true metallic colors, which look very dark on screen.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Mr. ColorWerx:

Is your fascination with the color tones a hobby, or is this your profession?

I am always amazed at how many colors you catalog and designate for a team, especially when I thought Team X colors were simply red, white and blue...

Wonderful work...

Mr. ColorWerx:

Is your fascination with the color tones a hobby, or is this your profession?

I am always amazed at how many colors you catalog and designate for a team, especially when I thought Team X colors were simply red, white and blue...

Wonderful work...

It's a really, really intense hobby. I'm a programmer/musician by trade, but would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to somehow make this a career.

I'm working on it.

I have begun to get my site modified to use these new PDFs:

SSUR Team Colors - Baseball

I'd have to say that presenting the alternate colors is the way to go. It gives a more complete look at how the logos can be adapted for different media, imo.

What I mean by that is with the alternates included, there's a lot less ambiguity over whether the Ducks have two different golds or just one gold that is represented in different ways.

Archived