Football leotard pants

Proc

"They need to look like football players"

What this should really say is "they need to look like football players did when I was a kid". A kid now will likely look at the teams 30 years from now and say "they need to look like football players - you know, dark pants with matching socks." I'm no fan of the leotard look myself, but it's kind of silly to say that they don't look like football players, considering the definition of what a football player looks like is dynamic and not etched in stone.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It might not be the most aesthetically pleasing thing, but I'm sick of this tired ass argument. They're men. They're more manly than we all are, they spend three hours hitting each other. We watch them from a seat. GTFOOH.

You have to admit that the figure skating picture was a pretty good match, right down to the leg position.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

"They need to look like football players"

What this should really say is "they need to look like football players did when I was a kid". A kid now will likely look at the teams 30 years from now and say "they need to look like football players - you know, dark pants with matching socks." I'm no fan of the leotard look myself, but it's kind of silly to say that they don't look like football players, considering the definition of what a football player looks like is dynamic and not etched in stone.

Wow, really on a rampage with that train of thought, aren't you (see also Vikes throwback thread)? :rolleyes:

I do see what the OP means about that photo, but as others said, what really makes it look bad is the lack if pads in those pants and also the matching socks. Also, the color BLACK really made it look like a continuous piece of material, and long pants.

Thankfully this is not a trend with more teams.

47f5b8cdf4667a7ef85b29d1fcd197b4-getty-.jpg

87Redskins.png

Whether it looks "aesthetically pleasing" or not, it seems more important that the players are comfortable, safe, and able to play. So if it works for them then that should be the most important thing.

Just my 2¢ on the matter.

Wrong freaking board to be making that comment on!! :shocked::mad:

All I'm saying is that players who play the game should be able to play comfortably. If they choose to look ridiculous then its their problem

So different colors of socks have different levels of comfort? I had no idea different colors felt differently!

87Redskins.png

47f5b8cdf4667a7ef85b29d1fcd197b4-getty-.jpg

He's even wearing pink shoes!!!!!

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived