New York Islanders

crkraider22

The execution is good, but I'm not sure I'd like the Isles to wear it. I know the Fishsticks package has its fans here (though to what extent Coasty is really here is debatable because I think he exists on another planet called Zlaktor-6 or something), but dredging up the old Gorton's Fisherman is pretty much the worst thing you can do to the Islanders short of moving them to Missouri. It represents futility, derision, and the beginning of a slide into worthlessness that has continued to this day. The main crest certainly conveys a maritime identity, but it borders on overloading. A wheel and a lighthouse? The lighthouse is crooked. Come to think of it, so is the wheel. Did they steer the ship right into the lighthouse?

Other than that, good traditional Islanders sweaters. Perfect pair of colors. I might switch the numbers from orange to white on the blues because orange on blue is more an Oilers thing to me.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

That's actually pretty cool, good work on the logos, and jerseys.

Thanks, I hope to work on some more teams if I have the time.

amazing! i could def see them using that lighthouse logo as a new 3rd once they go retro permanently

I understand retro is whats "in" with the NHL these days, but I was looking to move past what I feel is a somewhat "dated" logo. To say that the main jersey looks like a viable 3rd is great to hear, thanks.

The execution is good, but I'm not sure I'd like the Isles to wear it. I know the Fishsticks package has its fans here (though to what extent Coasty is really here is debatable because I think he exists on another planet called Zlaktor-6 or something), but dredging up the old Gorton's Fisherman is pretty much the worst thing you can do to the Islanders short of moving them to Missouri. It represents futility, derision, and the beginning of a slide into worthlessness that has continued to this day. The main crest certainly conveys a maritime identity, but it borders on overloading. A wheel and a lighthouse? The lighthouse is crooked. Come to think of it, so is the wheel. Did they steer the ship right into the lighthouse?

Other than that, good traditional Islanders sweaters. Perfect pair of colors. I might switch the numbers from orange to white on the blues because orange on blue is more an Oilers thing to me.

I'll admit that I'm not the biggest fan of the fishstick logo either, but I wanted to move away from the logo now. I understand its history, and it has its legacy forever planted with the Stanley Cup run. Thats really the only reason I went with that logo on the 3rd. With the main crest, yes both of them are slightly crooked, on purpose. The lighthouse is taken from one of their previous logos, and I rendered the wheel to fit that same tilt so that I could use the top of the beacon as one of the handles of the wheel. The colors are actually an in-between of their royal and navy blues from their current jerseys, same with the orange. I wasn't sure on what to have as the main color with the home numbers, and looking through their previous jerseys, I liked the orange and royal blue, but I will consider everything when I update this. Thanks for the comments.

McCutchen6_zps336cbf93.png

nah just live on the moon. three blocks down from what was Moonite Square that got bombed by Obama.

I like the concept, anytime you use fisherman its a win. its probably a bit plain for fisherman but i like it.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Swap the logos on the orange and blue jerseys. I really like what you have done but the fisherman logo gets lost on the orange jersey. Plus you might want to add the fisherman to the shoulders of the lighthouse jersey.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

amazing! i could def see them using that lighthouse logo as a new 3rd once they go retro permanently

I understand retro is whats "in" with the NHL these days, but I was looking to move past what I feel is a somewhat "dated" logo. To say that the main jersey looks like a viable 3rd is great to hear, thanks.

definitely understand that, i just know that they are planning to move the thirds to the primary home and add a road white along the same lines, but when they go to a third, i'd love to see this design get picked up. always thought the lighthouse would have been better to go to than the fisherman back in '94, so i really dig these.

sig2024.png

nah just live on the moon. three blocks down from what was Moonite Square that got bombed by Obama.

I like the concept, anytime you use fisherman its a win. its probably a bit plain for fisherman but i like it.

I am contemplating removing the fisherman and updating their current primary. I also understand that it's plain, but considering how the fanbase was after the original "fishstick" jerseys, I thought that less is more with this franchise.

Swap the logos on the orange and blue jerseys. I really like what you have done but the fisherman logo gets lost on the orange jersey. Plus you might want to add the fisherman to the shoulders of the lighthouse jersey.

I was unsure about adding a shoulder logo considering all they use now is the four stripes. I do see how the fisherman gets lost, but I think that it's not strong enough to be considered a primary logo or to have orange as the primary color or two blue jerseys.

definitely understand that, i just know that they are planning to move the thirds to the primary home and add a road white along the same lines, but when they go to a third, i'd love to see this design get picked up. always thought the lighthouse would have been better to go to than the fisherman back in '94, so i really dig these.

I am looking into updating the current primary to flow with the lighthouse one I have now so stay tuned.

I'd give this striping pattern a shot.

USAISLES.jpg

Stick with traditional Islander colors, and keep the 4 slash patch on the shoulder.

I'd go with a more realistic looking wheel maybe with some burn orange added to it.

Does this help?

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

I'd give this striping pattern a shot.

USAISLES.jpg

Stick with traditional Islander colors, and keep the 4 slash patch on the shoulder.

I'd go with a more realistic looking wheel maybe with some burn orange added to it.

Does this help?

-Dan

That helps alot. With the US jersey, I was trying to stay away from shoulder stripes considering how the Rangers are. I think I will use a shoulder logo, but I'm not big on the 4-slash just because what if they get 5? Unlikely, but still. I didn't think of adding more to the wheel but that makes sense. Thanks again.

-Mike

What if the Isles get five?

Add an extra slash!

Problem solved.

Then things start to get cluttered in my opinion.

Just curious why all the numbers look off-center.

I thought it was just me, the numbers are centered based off of the nameplate. I will look into that some more with the update.

I thought it was just me, the numbers are centered based off of the nameplate. I will look into that some more with the update.

And the nameplate has to be centered on the jersey as well, and the graphic looks like there is extra room on the right of the jersey.

And the nameplate has to be centered on the jersey as well, and the graphic looks like there is extra room on the right of the jersey.

I understand, thats how the template was originally, but its nothing a little nudge can't fix.

Archived