Sacramento Kings Concept

MDC

Yes, somebody is doing a Sacramento Kings concept. Yes, the NBA team. They do still exist. I don't really have much to say. Their current logo is garbage, their current team is garbage, their history bears a pretty close resemblance to garbage.

I updated their current logo by getting rid of some incredibly unneccesary things. the banners, the poles (?) the shield. All gone. Now, its a shape that makes sense. A basketball, with a crown, and the team name. I redid the crown from their primary, and added some powder blue highlights. They kings used to have powder blue in their uniforms, I believe, correct me if i'm wrong, i thought they could certainly wear it well. I think it works great here.

Nothing really to say about the jerseys........theyre just a style that i think works with well with the logo i put together.

C&C please

LOGO:

kingslogo.png

UNIFORMS:

EDIT: I JUST REALIZED THE CROWN LOGO ON THE ROAD JERSEY GOT OFF-CENTERED....MY BAD.kingsuniforms.png

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Honestly, I'm not a fan. The logo needs work. You used Serpentine and Copperplate, which is frowned upon 'round these parts. And the fonts don't really fit the identity in my opinion. I feel like the crown and basketball aren't really integrated at all. I feel like the basketball seams (is that what they're called?) and the shading on the crown could be combined somehow. I kind of like the colors but feel like a darker purple would look better.

Overall conceptually it's a good start, you just need to work on the presentation.

I actually think you have a good start to the logo. I like the angle on the basketball(rarely used, I believe). In fact, 3 of the 4 elements - crown, banner and basketball are blended decently. The wordmark looks, no offense, just kind of dropped onto the logo. Something needs to be done to incorporate it more. Even a bulge on the top and bottom of "KINGS" to fit the b-ball. Also, maybe try flipping the colors - blue logo, black outline? Also, the white seems weird just as the lines in the basketball. If it was added to the crown somehow, it might be better represented.

The road uni is pretty nice. What I think makes it work is that powder blue and purple never touch. That should be an idea to run throughout - use black/white to always separate purple/blue. One drawback to powder blue is if it's not used right it can make everything look washed out.

For consistencies' sake, I'd make the piping/striping black on the home wherever its black on the road and switch the home to purple numbers.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

I actually think you have a good start to the logo. I like the angle on the basketball(rarely used, I believe). In fact, 3 of the 4 elements - crown, banner and basketball are blended decently. The wordmark looks, no offense, just kind of dropped onto the logo. Something needs to be done to incorporate it more. Even a bulge on the top and bottom of "KINGS" to fit the b-ball. Also, maybe try flipping the colors - blue logo, black outline? Also, the white seems weird just as the lines in the basketball. If it was added to the crown somehow, it might be better represented.

The road uni is pretty nice. What I think makes it work is that powder blue and purple never touch. That should be an idea to run throughout - use black/white to always separate purple/blue. One drawback to powder blue is if it's not used right it can make everything look washed out.

For consistencies' sake, I'd make the piping/striping black on the home wherever its black on the road and switch the home to purple numbers.

Purple is the color of Royalty, so blue wouldn't make as much sense for a team called the Kings.

Purple is the color of Royalty, so blue wouldn't make as much sense for a team called the Kings.

I don't disagree, but nor does that mean that purple needs to be the only color they wear. I do think you can make a case for the powder blue as well, if you want to.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

I'm not feeling the powder blue. It might not have been as bad if Sky/Powder Blue wasn't already being overused by many NBA teams- if not pro teams in general. Powder Blue has become the buzz color that many teams have been using of late just as navy, teal, and black have all been used before that. I'd ditch that color for a Vegas Gold (metalic old gold). Gold is an important color to Sacrameto; both in terms of the Gold Rush and in terms of the Capitol building dame being gold leafed and such city landmarks such as Tower Bridge which is painted gold in color. I'd make elements like the crown and the ball gold with the purple trim. I like the steamlining you've done in that you've stripped it back to a modernization of the Cincinnati Royals/Kansas City Kings/Sacramento Kings logo they've carried for years. It's streamlined and simple- nice doing.

On the uniforms, I'd make purple the main color with gold as the trim. The powder blue would go altogether, and the black only when a third color is absolutely needed.

The uniform set-up itself other than the color being tweaked isn't bad overall, but I would move the numbers on the short to the lower cuff on the opposite leg and I might consider changing it into the team logo instead. The player's number is already on both sides of the jersey, this way the team logo is on both sides of the uniform. I would also put some gold trim around the team name, and black trim around the player's name.

If you still want a jersey with powder blue, I'd consider making an alternate jersey. If you're going to go for that, might you also consider having it with the city name on the front rather than just "Kings".

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

Im not feeling this at all. no continuity. the way the basketball lines look as they flow behind the word KINGS looks very awkward and messy. the white lines on the ball dont even meet up with the black outline in some parts and in another on the left it overlaps the outline. the real version has many elements like you said, but this is way messier than that, and looks more busy than the real one somehow with having fewer elements. im not saying the Kings current logo is one of my favorites but I think its solid and somehow manages to work, with all its different intertwining parts (although it might be busy to some and I too don understand the candy cane thing coming out of the horn instument either in the real one).

Alright, thanks for the comments everyone. Not the general reaction I had hoped, but oh well, thats what contsructive criticism is for. I would like to put up an update soon. I'm pretty tied down with school, but I'll see what I can do.

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Archived