MN Lake Conference Re-Design-Football

The Fixer

Hey so i ran out of ideas for concepts or just got bored with what i was doing :) so i decided to redo my school's conference. This is the website for the conference http://www.lakeconference.org/g5-bin/client.cgi?G5genie=1 . It's 5A and considered one of the best conferences in MN. I was injured all football season, so i got a better chance to look at the uniforms of the teams and that inspired me to do this. Hopefully i can get through this, and get every school done. Ending with my school-Eagan.

So to start off with:

Eastview Lightning:

Eagan's cross town rival. Big game for us every year. I have a few friends there and their logo really bugs me, especially on letter jackets and it shirts etc. It's never the same. Their uniforms are TERRIBLE. Black on black on black, with blue numbers outlined in white. their logo isn't great either. I really like the concept of it but not how its made. The triangle with lightning bolts is pretty cool, in my opinion. I couldn't find a good sized image either. So instead of just tracing and making it cleaner, i made it from scratch and added some new elements. I took off the shadow. it just looks stupid, and sometimes it's on merchandise sometimes its not. it needs some consistency. The secondary logo would probably be used on baseball caps etc. The Word mark, i guess i could change Eastview to lightning.

I changed the colors of the logos, to replicate what they use on pretty much everything (letter jackets, t shirts, uniforms).

So here is the logo sheet. Helmets/Uniforms on the way.

eastviewconept-2.png

youve never been to an eastview game have you? a home game? ALL black. pants, jerseys, cleats, helmets. I think i diluted it pretty well. where do you think i should put a blue outline? maybe it still is too much black.

so you go to cretin? i know a few people there. The Nook next to the school is amazing!

#2 Rosemount Irish

Ok, The Irish are constantly a powerhouse in the conference. 1st this year i think. But they really dont have an identity. Google Rosemount Irish logo, and nothing comes up. Either that or you get like 5 different logos that have no correlation to each others. So I wanted to make them more solid.

rosemountconcepts.png

That looks like a nice update for Eastview, the only thing that catches my eye is the secondary because the lightning bolt makes it look like its "EY" not "EV". Maybe put it on top of the V, on the right side?

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

yeah i noticed that haha. When i get the chance Im going to just make the bolt go through the EV.

but in the meantime here is the Rosemount Unis: Wanted to keep it simple. I think it represents their program pretty well. Classic. The uniforms are pretty much the same, but adding in the new wordmark and a new font for the numbers.

eastviewunies-1.png

rosehelmet.png

Ha! My old conference.

Eastview- I think an outline around the bolts on the helmet may help show the E element better.

Rosemount- It'd be interesting to align the ankh logo with the R, as the one arm could create the hole in the 'R' Also, i know its expected, but I always thought it was a terrible idea when they ditched the shamrock helmet in favor of the Michigan one. Its the Irish, there should probably be a shamrock in there somewhere.

Just don't put Philly's wings on AV's helmets. Please :)

#2 Rosemount Irish

Ok, The Irish are constantly a powerhouse in the conference. 1st this year i think. But they really dont have an identity. Google Rosemount Irish logo, and nothing comes up. Either that or you get like 5 different logos that have no correlation to each others. So I wanted to make them more solid.

rosemountconcepts.png

I don't understand using an Egyptian ankh as an Irish symbol.

ankh_isis_nefertari.jpg

These look great and seems like they're needed for some of these schools

1. Eastview - I think the logo you chose loses a bit of some subtly since in the original, the three lightning bolts make an "E" which you've reversed and in a sense eliminated.

2. Rosemont - I agree that the ankh doesn't make much sense for a team called the "Irish" Maybe the celtic cross as mentioned or keep the shamrock?

• 4 weeks later...

Ok finally got some time and made re-did the Chaska Hawks. Seems kinda pointless now that i learned the Lake conference is getting shaken up next year. I eliminated the gold. just wasnt a fan of it and thought the white, purple, black was better. Its not my first choice in font for the wordmark, but my PC wont let me add new fonts for some reason ("isnt a valid font" but i know for a fact it is).

so here is Chaska's logos. Im gonna finish up the Uniforms later.

hawksconcept-1.png

Also in response to some questions:

Eastview-Pharos: Yeah i know it lost the E but really the original didnt look like an E to me and it really looks stupid on their helmets. So i just decided to bypass it and make it better. May not be great, but i think the overall logo looks better.

Rosemount-Im gonna go ahead and redo the whole thing. Im really not a fan of this one. I just fond that cross on a celtic website. Shoulda done more research.

Ok I redid Rosemount real quick. I think its a LOT better. Saw this design idea but with a hocket player instead of an R, and with ireland flags colors, on a rosemount hockey sweatshirt.

#2- Rosemount Irish

rosemountconcepts-1.png

So next on my to do list is-

Finish up unis for these too schools.

Re-do Eastview secondary mark, im just gonna make the bolt go through the 2 letters.

rosemountunis.png

CDixon: which ones are you talking about? Ill for sure watch out for it but i think the only excessive outlines are the wordmarks. thanjs

and xbjx- yeah i modeled it after a cougar logo, hmmmm maybe ill go back in the end and emphasize some of the parts to make it more hawk like.

#3 Apple Valley Eagles

Ok, well they have no image whatsoever. Their uniforms arent great. I really couldnt find a good logo for them but im pretty sure they just use Phillys eagle with changed colors, so i just put that for their old logo. Note-i didnt make the eagle from scratch. I found it as a great blackhawks concept one day and just modified it to fit needs. I have no idea who made it otherwise i would give credit to them.

appleyvalleyconept.png

Archived