MLS Concepts

theflakeband

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Why the hell did you use Amtrak for the sponsor for the Indiana FC team?

Why does it matter? Amtrack does go through Indiana, would you rather me have Firestone, or Goodyear, or Lucas Oil.

What sponsor would you like to see?

1st off: Eli Lilly. No other company makes sense for an Indy team.

Second, we have like one train a day that comes at 3 in the morning to take you to Chicago. Save Amtrak for the east coast where people have heard of them.

Thirdly, on the concept it's just a recoloring of the state flag.

6fQjS3M.png

I would've liked the Indiana duo even if there was no sponsor. As for Steel City, I'm pretty sure Comcast would fit more for a Philadelphia-based team. The checkers on the shorts aren't exactly my cup of tea neither, but they are unique.

If you have a request for a team name just feel free to post. And the community will vote on it. Hope you enjoy my idea and my concepts

Since you asked...

I prefer Americanized versions of "traditional" club names. I used the following names for a midwestern based sim league I did awhile back.

-Chicago Olympians(instead of "Olympique Chicago") Chicago has a large Greek population and at one point had more Greeks than any city in the world besides Athens)

-Cleveland Rovers "Rovers" ties into dog, which alludes to the Dawg Pound, which honors Cleveland's sports heritage

-Crossroads FC of Indiana The first "kind of, sort of (but still appropriate)" Europoser name... Indiana is known as the "Crossroads of America"

-Gateway FC of St. Louis The other "kind of, sort of (but still appropriate)" Europoser name. This one just worked too well to not use it. The reference should be obvious.

-Detroit Internationals (instead of "Inter Detroit") The Ambassador Bridge, which connects Detroit to Windsor, Ontario is the busiest point on the US-Canada border.

-Milwaukee Bavarians FC (instead of "FC Bayern Milwaukee") Named for the storied (but not well known to anyone but hardcore soccer heads) real-life and still active amatuer club of the same name... minus the FC. I added it to distinguish between the two (a la Seattle Sounders and Seattle Sounders FC).

-Minnesota Thunder FC Peep Mockba's sig if you don't know where this is from. Again, the FC is to distinguish between the two.

I also had a team in Pittsburgh, but I can't remember what I called them. Can't look it up either since my laptop broke.

Anyway, if you're looking for name suggestions these would obviously be my preferences.

So wait... Gordie made the official Portland Timbers mark? How has this not made news of anykind?

Nah, he did a concept which was posted first. Flakebrand removed it, and put the actual logo there. Here's gordie's. I just searched Portland Timbers concept, and found it again.

I do like most of these actually, any chance Tampa could get a team? Like Real Tampa, or something spanish.

Definitely Rowdies... actual tradition is such a commodity in US (and Canadian) soccer that it'd be silly to not emphasize it.

Completely agree, I've been looking at a lot of the old NASL teams and trying to come up with something new and modern, but still emphasizes the tradition with some of the old NASL teams. Anyways, what would be a good sponsor for the Minnesota Thunder. Something in the area that would look good on the jersey's with their colors.

Steven_Gerrard_sig_by_Gerrardinho.pnglucassig-1.pngAgger.jpg21l0u9i-1.png

Archived