NAHL Dawson Creek Rage

mfoster

"It is our position that logo was altered enough for us to continue use of it without facing legal issue."

Oh puhleeze. All you did was make it green and give it a hockey stick.

A quick look through the Google image results reveals that Slaads come in different colors...including green! Looks like the only defense they have now is that the addition of a hockey stick constitutes enough of an alteration and frankly, that has about a snowball's chance in hell of holding up in court.

Wow...who knew that posting to message boards could have real world implications...I'm stunned.

Bonus points certainly go to the folks at the American Junior Hockey Blog. I honestly thought the logo was just a rip-off of the illustration, but with the image mirrored like that is pretty obvious that the designer just ran auto-trace, changed the colors and gave it a hockey stick. Suffice it to say I'm really curious to know who Fresno hired to create (and I use the term loosely) the logo.

Seems to me like somebody needs a good swat on the nose with a rolled up newspaper.

Wow - the Rage Logo is bad, very, very bad! (he pauses, readies himself to speak, but walks away.)

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Although they have mentioned that they used a "professional" design artist to create the garb they have, I don't buy it for a second that a legit Designer would produce that kind of ripoff. With as many artists, and might I add, fantastic artists not only on these boards, but in the real world market, you would think that they would take the time to come up with a original creative approach. It just looks like they've done a blatant ripoff...and added clipart to it and a terrible wordmark...

I agree with that CDixonDesign. There is no way they hired a professional to do that logo. I'm willing to bet that a 3rd cousin or nephew to one of the top guys over there who claims to be an artist offered to draw the logo.

Yeah...I feel like Fresno was the victim here. They paid what I'm guessing was pretty good money for what they thought was an original piece of work. They've since plastered what they believed to be their wholly owned image on merchandise, equipment etc. (and paid quite a bit to do so I'm sure), only to find out that they've been had. In the event that the image's rightful owners catch wind its entirely possible that the team will have to pay even more money to negotiate a settlement and possibly replace the logo (which means paying another designer, replacing all the equipment and merchandise, etc.). What gets me angry is that all of this came about because someone got lazy and figured they could just cut some corners and no one would be the wiser.

I admit I'd really like to know who this "artist" was...if only so we could get a better understanding of how this kind of thing happens. Who knows...maybe we could even prevent something like this from happening again.

A guy can dream right?

Archived