Illustrator CS4

chickenfish13

Just play with it. Play with the pen tool by finding simple images and tracing them. Download simple logos from here and trace them using the pen tool. That's 90% of illustrator and all the others are just icing on the cake.

oddball is right. There are tutorials to do once you learn everything, but for now just play with the program. Figure out where everything is and what it does, start drawing things, get used to the pen tool and then start doing fun tutorials. You're good with Inkscape already, if memory serves, so learning Illustrator shouldn't be too much trouble. It's all the fun, complicated stuff that takes some time

sig2_by_sergeiofrussia.png

Just play with it. Play with the pen tool by finding simple images and tracing them. Download simple logos from here and trace them using the pen tool. That's 90% of illustrator and all the others are just icing on the cake.

Agreed.

Once you get acquainted with the pen tool—which is the most useful tool, bar none—I'd recommend getting to know the Pathfinder Palette (which can be found via Window>Pathfinder). It makes making series of concise geometric shapes a breeze. To really get the 'oohs and ahhs' from people, you could check out the Gradient Mesh feature (Object>Create Gradient Mesh) and create some incredibly lifelike vector imagery.

Sigs are for sissies.

OK, thanks for the help guys. I;ve come up with something, and was wondering whats the best way to export/save for web, from illustrator? I cant seem to figure it out. Thanks.

Go to your file dropdown menu and then click on export. There you will find fun things such as jpg, gif, bmp, psd, and the always fun DWG file!

Archived