Hockey East-Redesign/Edification (USCHO redesign Pt. 2)

mcrosby

Alright, I've had some time here now that finals are over so I've started the concepts back up. I'm still working on the WCHA redesign (Minnesota) but I can't seem to get it to work just yet. In lieu of letting the idea completely die until I get around to figuring something out for Minnesota I've begun the Hockey East redesign.

Feel free to look at the WCHA topic and add some C&C there. I hope to continue making improvements.

I've started and nearly completely a few teams and hope to get them up in a pretty regular fashion. I decided to start with Boston College, really get things flowing with a big name in college hockey.

The home and away are not very far from what they wear now, as it is a very good look. The secondary logos on the shoulders are modified versions of BC's current secondary logo, only they have been re-colored to exclude black.

BC2.png

BC1.png

I was going to attempt something way 'out there' for the alternate jersey, something modern and Edge-y. While looking for inspiration from past BC uni's I noticed that they did not have much in terms of classic jerseys, what they wear now is pretty classic. Upon finding this I decided to try a pseudo-throwback. I darkened and muted the colors, and used the Tuscan font that the Boston Red Sox use (I thought it would make a good fit).

The logo I used for the crest is a modified logo that BC once used. I couldn't find any evidence of them ever using it on the ice, but I like the logo. You can see the progression of the design below.

BCthrowbackprogression.png

I wanted to piece together a jersey that would compliment this logo well. I used the Tuscan font for the nameplate and numbers, and added a BC mark using the Tuscan as well. To make this something a bit more than just a 'throwback' I also added the BC motto to the sleeves. I was going to use the English translation (Ever to Excel), but the Greek seemed to fit well with the feeling that the eagle and the gold conveyed.

C&C is greatly appreciated, enjoy.

BCthrowback2.png

Alright, thanks for the comments on BC, I'm still looking for more. Until then may I present the University of New Hampshire Wildcats.

The Wildcats don't have too much along the lines of tradition in their uniforms but I still wanted to go with a classic feel. The home and away feature a logo that I put together, using elements of their current set. The alternate still doesn't seem quite right to me, I can't pinpoint what I need to fix (hint, this is an opportunity for some awesome C&C). On the alt. I wanted to include the "On to Victory" because BC's motto seemed to go over pretty well. I also wanted to put UNH's full body wildcat logo front and center because I believe it is a beautiful logo. Without further ado, UNH. Next up will be Providence or Northeastern, both of their sets are nearly done.

NewHampshire.png

I would like a few more comments on UNH before I cook up any updates, until then I'll be moving on. I present the Northeastern University Huskies.

The home and away are very simple, as their current look works pretty well. I added an updated Husky logo to the shoulders. The original logo has a ridiculous looking rabid husky; a logo can be good without foaming at the mouth. I did add the Boston skyline used in Northeastern's most recent wordmark to the back of the home and away, I didn't want to leave anything too simple.

The alternate uses a full body husky, one of Northeastern's more recent logos as well, as the two-tone N is a bit boring. I used the husky/N logo to make a 'sash' of sorts instead of the N. Due to the 'sash' I only included a secondary logo on the right shoulder. I wasn't going to include it at all, but it looked pretty empty without it.

C&C please

NortheasternU.png

Also, if anyone wants to practice some action template work feel free to have at any of the WCHA/Hockey East redesigns. I'm still working on Paint/Paintbucket, I've been trying a few templates but nothing compares to some of the work I've seen on here. PM me if you're interested in working on some action template stuff.

A couple of comments.

I second the notion of removing the front number on the UNH alt and centering the wildcat. I would also try to use the actual UNH numbers, which, I believe, are the same numbers that the Toronto Blue Jays use (or very similar)

On the Northeastern concept, The alt is perfect. Not a thing I'd change. The home/away jerseys, however, I would get rid of the "NORTHEASTERN" wordmark and just leave the N

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

Archived