Providence Raiders

JamieRose

I was playing around a couple weeks ago whilst hoping to get a fantasy basketball team that I could move to Providence. Anyway, I came up with the Providence Raiders, and hopefully they will be my future fantasy basketball team. I wanted to stop by here to help get it some further refinement, though. So here is the set I've come up with.

Raiders1.png

TDZiMMB.png

damnit, thats a great idea for a skull logo.

i reckon the render is a bit simple at the moment. you could definitely thicken up those lines

and make the whole thing feel a bit more solid.

think the swords are a bit big proportionally to the head at the moment. you could get them down a bit,

also the raiders word covers the most interesting part of the swords, id make it smaller also and move it below them.

I like this overall idea. the new version with thicker lines is much better. the swords could still use some fixing up i think. the light gray makes them feel rather soft and weak to me. maybe having black be the shaded part (to make them stand out more) since you use no gray in the skull so why is there only gray in the swords?

also, are you still keeping a version with the word RAIDERS? I think you should. Just place the word raiders below the skull and then move the swords around behind thw word (maybe resize too, IDK yet) so that the entire handle is visible below the wordmark and the pointy end comes up somewhere on each side of the skull like you have.

the ball lines on the skull is a great idea.

he looks a little cartoonish at the moment, and not particularly fierce looking.

the ball marks on the head are genius (i wish id thought of that) so id lean him forward slightly so as to emphasize and make the most of that feature.

here is what i thought might work better stylistically, its a raiders concept i never finished (but i might now youve inspired me). also a possible idea

as to where to put the swords?

raiders.png

Awesome idea with the basketball lines. But I think it would look so much cooler if you colored them silver and made them look like cracks in the skull. That way it would be more subtle and like one of those things you have to do a double-take to figure out what it is. Just a thought.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Awesome idea with the basketball lines. But I think it would look so much cooler if you colored them silver and made them look like cracks in the skull. That way it would be more subtle and like one of those things you have to do a double-take to figure out what it is. Just a thought.

That would look ridiculous...I would love to see that!

Archived