Gigantic jerseys

spyboy1

I don't know if you are familiar with the tradition in Detroit of dressing up the Spirit of Detroit statue with a Red Wings or TIgers jersey when they make the finals.

red-wings-spirit-of-detroit.jpgmedium_090515-spirit-of-detroit.jpg

Is anyone aware of any other gigantic jerseys that have been made outside of the ones in Detroit?

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I don't know if you are familiar with the tradition in Detroit of dressing up the Spirit of Detroit statue with a Red Wings or TIgers jersey when they make the finals.

red-wings-spirit-of-detroit.jpgmedium_090515-spirit-of-detroit.jpg

Is anyone aware of any other gigantic jerseys that have been made outside of the ones in Detroit?

I can't shake the feeling that, at some point, the Hammering Man statue outside the Seattle Art Museum had a jersey on.

Edit: n/m I was thinking of his giant Santa hat.

This almost looks photoshopped, but I assure you it's not. I'm not sure what material it was made out of though, and it wasn't an accurate depiction of their actual jerseys, but...

This is the Alma Mater statue at the University of Illinois during the 2004-05 Basketball Season. Don't remember if it was just for the Tourney, just for the Final Four or what.

almajersey.jpg

EDIT: Better photos...

AlmaMater.jpg

8467311_0a5bfcbbb1.jpg?v=0

And this isn't sports, but just another "dress-up" I came across. The "make some 'Nois" was a homecoming theme, but the guitar wasn't something I had seen used with that until this photo.

homecoming_alma.jpg

There is the Toewsasaurus at the Field Museum in Chicago:

2009-05-19-hawks.jpg

They also had a Pterodac-bull:

http://chicagoist.com/2009/04/23/field_museum_shows_support_for_the.php?gallery0Pic=1#gallery

This little guy, however, prefers the Hawks:

2009_04_23_field02-thumb-76x76-209705.jpg

The Art Institute's Lion is a Bears fan, which seems funny:

377934735_c3a16a1ca2.jpg?v=0

chicago_picasso.Par.65232.Image.-1.-1.1.gif

The Picasso, however, seems to be unable to make up its mind:

http://www.explorechicago.org/etc/medialib/explore_chicago/tourism/misc_attractions/chicago_picasso.Par.65232.Image.-1.-1.1.gif

Archived