Chicago hits rock bottom...

Mingjai

How do you know the grass is gone? The Park District likes the idea of keeping natural grass, and the McCaskeys seem to like it as well.

The hate for Soldier Field comes from the fact that the Packers built themselves a veritable palace and the Bears got stuck with this.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

And the sod couldn't have been an issue. By 2018 or 2022, the grass will have been replaced with artificial turf. Like Seattle and other facilities on the list, temporary grass would be installed for WC games.

That sod is staying sure as the grass is brown. The natural grass is there to appease the meathead Bears fans, who believe every single trite platitude shoveled toward them about "Bear weather" and "Bear football." These gullible dopes are the ones most likely to fork over the money for season tickets year upon year, even if the annual improvements to the franchise are window dressing, at best. They also conveniently forget that the team's only Super Bowl was won by a team that played its home games on a seafoam-green carpet.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

And the sod couldn't have been an issue. By 2018 or 2022, the grass will have been replaced with artificial turf. Like Seattle and other facilities on the list, temporary grass would be installed for WC games.

That sod is staying sure as the grass is brown. The natural grass is there to appease the meathead Bears fans, who believe every single trite platitude shoveled toward them about "Bear weather" and "Bear football." These gullible dopes are the ones most likely to fork over the money for season tickets year upon year, even if the annual improvements to the franchise are window dressing, at best. They also conveniently forget that the team's only Super Bowl was won by a team that played its home games on a seafoam-green carpet.

With Cutler and the Bears moving to more of a passing game, the grass will be gone by 2011. (My prediction)

And there is increasing talk in Chicago that the grass will be gone if the situation doesn't improve soon.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-04-pompei-bears-dec04,0,4806236.column

Some people are blaming Mayor Daley for not having interest since his Olympic Bid failed. But in realty, people are not looking towards 2018 or 2022 to begin with. If as a Federation, you fail to have two cities with some of the most international arrivals (SF/Bay Area and Chicago), then are you really trying to win a bid? Something will be completed in the Bay Area by 2018 (the Santa Clara vote will go on in June), yet they still think that Qualcomm will still be a viable, modern venue....nice!

England will get 2018 anyway, so USSF is basically shooting for 2022.

The problem with the Santa Clara stadium is it hasn't been approved yet and therefore, the US couldn't include it in its proposal, although I think that they can edit the proposal for the 2022 deadline once/if the stadium is approved. As it stands, Chicago's only viable stadium--Soldier Field--seats 5,500 less people than the lowest-capacity stadium in the bid (Lucas Oil Stadium at 66,000) and it seems to be sub-par venue, overall. As for the Bay Area, none of their stadiums with a high enough capacity could even be considered decent, let alone up to the standards of the world cup. However, I can agree with you about Qualcomm Stadium being at least as bad of a venue as the Oakland Coliseum. The same goes for the Cotton Bowl.

I'm sorry....the cotton bowl despite it's age can no longer be considered a dump.....the stadium seats just over 92,000 and also has a video board.....it is not what it used to be.....no the cotton bowl game is not there anymore but that is because they put $$$ over tradition

stars.jpg

dallasmavericks.gif

style1,JBPerry.png

<embed src="http://www.clocklink.com/clocks/5005-Blue.swf?TimeZone=CST&TimeFormat=hhmmssTT" width="180" height="60" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

joshuabperry@sbcglobal.net

My Webpage

Archived