Bears DE Gaines Adams dead at 26

Burkell007

sad sad story, much too young, RIP

from espn.com:

Chicago Bears defensive end Gaines Adams died Sunday morning after he was taken to a Greenwood, S.C., emergency room, the county coroner said.

Greenwood County Coroner James T. Coursey said Adams was taken to the emergency room at Self Regional Hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 9 a.m. ET Sunday morning.

An autopsy will be performed Sunday by the Anderson County forensic pathologist, Coursey said.

Adams, 26, listed at 6-foot-5 and 256 pounds, played in college at Clemson and was drafted by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers with the No. 4 overall pick in the 2007 NFL draft. He was traded to the Bears in October.

In 47 games over four seasons with the Bucs and Bears, Adams had 67 tackles, including 13.5 sacks.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/news/story?id=4833908

Chicago Bears defensive end Gaines Adams died Sunday morning after he was taken to a Greenwood, S.C., emergency room, the county coroner said.

Greenwood County Coroner James T. Coursey said Adams was taken to the emergency room at Self Regional Hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 9 a.m. ET Sunday morning.

An autopsy will be performed Sunday by the Anderson County forensic pathologist, Coursey said.

Adams, 26, listed at 6-foot-5 and 256 pounds, played in college at Clemson and was drafted by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers with the No. 4 overall pick in the 2007 NFL draft. He was traded to the Bears in October.

In 47 games over four seasons with the Bucs and Bears, Adams had 67 tackles, including 13.5 sacks.

Wow.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Sad to hear, although strange that there is nothing else to the story, but I understand for privacy reasons. I'd expect a moment of silence for this afternoon's games.

Not trying to put him in a place where he doesn't belong, but did he have any history whatsoever of being "in the wrong place at the wrong time?"

the preliminary autopsy performed Sunday indicated Adams died of cardiac arrest caused by an enlarged heart.

why does that seem to be a all to common fate to young people now a days????, i think the basketball player from southern Indiana, had the same thing...........

the preliminary autopsy performed Sunday indicated Adams died of cardiac arrest caused by an enlarged heart.

why does that seem to be a all to common fate to young people now a days????, i think the basketball player from southern Indiana, had the same thing...........

Well that's genetics it happens, sometimes it does not matter what we do.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived