2010 Football Signing Day

BigMac12

ESPN has rated Florida #1, but the South has the best hands down. Seems like every team in the Top 10 is from the South...

I'm really happy with Carolina's Signing Day. They've signed big names, lost big names, and stolen a few big names. Giovanni Bernard has me really excited about the running game next year. He's from St. Thomas Aquinas HS in Fort Lauderdale, and is a stud at RB. Should be a good year for UNC Football, and everyone is saying this will be Butch Davis' breakout year for the Heels...

Florida might have the best incoming defensive line class I have ever seen. Between Shariff Floyd (who dominated the Army AA Game), Dominque Easley (who dominated the UA Game), and Ronald Powell, they will be nasty good.

As for Michigan, the day started off poorly. Sean Parker was considered to be all-blue up until last night, when Washington came out of nowhere and snatched him up this morning. However, the tides turned as Demar Dorsey chose U of M over Florida State and USC. Dorsey is the #12 ranked player in the nation on ESPN. I have also heard that he may be playing both offense and defense for Michigan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEu52DyfQB4

Welcome to the good guys Demar!

Really doesn't take much speculation to see that as of right now, this is the pecking order when it comes to recruiting:

1 - SEC/Big XII

2 - USC

3 - Big 10

4 - Pac 10

5 - Everybody else

As for my Bulldogos, they didn't have a Top 25 class this year, but if I had to guess it was probably Top 30. They still landed some pretty good recruits, & plus we now have the good luck charm of a Favre in Mississippi so that helps. :P

ESPN's Top 25 rankings so far. They will definitely change once the day is over.

One of the top surprises

Top safety Keenan Allen originally committed to Alabama, but dropped the Tide for Cal. The main reason is that Alabama didn't have room for his half-brother Zach Maynard who will now transfer to Cal from Buffalo.

1. Florida

2. Texas

3. Alabama

4. Auburn

5. Oklahoma

6. Florida State

7. LSU

8. Penn State

9. Georgia

10. USC

11. Tennessee

12. Miami

13. Ohio State

14. Stanford

15. UCLA

16. Texas A&M

17. Clemson

18. South Carolina

19. Michigan

20. Cal

21. Notre Dame

22. Washington

23. Oregon

24. BYU

25. North Carolina

ESPN Final Rankings

1. Florida

2. Texas

3. Alabama

4. Auburn

5. Oklahoma

6. Florida State

7. USC

8. LSU

9. Tennessee

10. UCLA

11. Penn State

12. Georgia

13. Miami

14. Michigan

15. California

16. Ohio State

17. Texas A&M

18. Stanford

19. Clemson

20. Washington

21. Notre Dame

22. Oregon

23. South Carolina

24. North Carolina

25. Mississippi

Rivals.com has USC with the #1 class

Seems like Auburn's about to get into an arms race with Alabama...this is gonna suck if it means that the Iron Bowl will effectively become the SEC West Championship...then again, it's just recruiting, so who knows?

Ohio State at 13. Not great by OSU standards. Anyone surprised that The SEC has 5 of the top 10 classes?

Yeah, OSU had a rough go this year... I think #13 or #16 is a little high. but it should be somewhere in the 15-25 range.

Beginning "Montana favors the Buckeyes!" Ends "Montana commits to Washington"

Beginning "Bucks in great shape with Joyner" Ends "FSU lands Joyner

Beginning "Floyd to OSU likely" Ends "Floyd is all Gator"

Beginning "Anderson goes to Glennville...nuff said" Ends "Anderson snubs Bucks for WVU"

Beginning "Could Hicks stay home to play his college football?" Ends "Hicks to Texas"

Beginning "Seantrel is a Buckeye, apparently" Ends "Kiffin snake oils Seantrel to USC"

However, if there was a year you could afford a subpar class, it would be this past year. The talent level coming out of the state of Ohio for the 2011 class is ridiculous. You guys will walk away with a top 3 class in the nation next year. Dual-threat QB Braxton Miller is an OSU-lock (IMO) next year and the heir apparent to Terrell Pryor. Though, I am looking forward to a good ol'fashion U of M/OSU battle for Deanthony Arnett (Grew up cheering for the Wolverines, but is having an open recruitment)

Speaking of Deanthony Arnett, I wonder what the percentage rate of top recruits that actually sign LOI to the schools they've always been fans of is? Would be an interesting study, to see how often a "dream school" really becomes reality, or dreams get shot down for rivals, higher programs, etc...

Ohio State at 13. Not great by OSU standards. Anyone surprised that The SEC has 5 of the top 10 classes?

Well, they do pay better down there, 'Red. :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

1-Don't tell me how good a recruiting class is 24 hours after they sign, tell me in three years.

2-These rankings have little correlation to on-field success. Where are Boise St. and TCU? :grin:

These polls are over-speculation in the highest form in sport.

Archived