Columbia Golden Eagles

The Fixer

So this is just a concept football team I thought of. I made the eagle logo and need a team name. I love the city of Columbia and thought it fit. Just an idea.

The Circle logo is just a city patch of the jerseys. It's a redo from a concept I did a while ago. The wordmark was the best idea I had but probably my least favorite part of this concept.

goldeneagles.png

I think the bird is perfect in it's own style. Keep that. One thing that throws this whole thing off is the C logo. It seems like an afterthought, and it really clashes with the style you have in your eagle logo. I'd also change the font you have for the Eagles, because, as you can see, the eagle is on a slant. I'd go ahead and use a slanted script, it definately unify the whole logo set.

Great job here, you've really got this idea down.

Wow better feedback than I expected. And the bad feedback is what I acknowledged too but didn't know how to fix.

The columns logo was supposed to be a city patch. A few hockey teams come to mind that have city or state flag patches, which was my thought process.

The talons were the last and hardest part for me. My refernce picture had one leg beind the other like that and you could only see one foot and so I wasn't really sure what to do. Suggestions?

The wordmark: you said it and I said it, it's terrible. But hey gotta start somewhere

thanks for the feedback guys, I'm going to work on it and hopefully make a Stronger and more solid concept for you. It'll be a LOT better next version.

Also do you think this could work for a hockey team? And I struggled picking a team for it after I made the eagle logo. I kind of wanted to do a redesign. Any team or any sport you think I could make this for?

Sizemorematters:Yeah, that was my original thought though too but it doesn't really make sense. It would like like a bird head on fire or with a streak coming out. This way you can tell its a phoenix

Elsephen: I originally started it out that way but had trouble getting the tail to look right (looked like some kinda snake not like a fluid streak) but now that I have it right, I'll try to go back and do that. Thanks

and here is the "C" its kinda "meh" for me. Not really happy with it but I want to see what others think

c.png

Yeah I think you may be right... disappoints me though. I wanted to try something a little different and I'm not really happy with the team "columbia golden eagles". I would much rather redesign something or get a team with a less plain name haha.

Yeah but I'm sort of unhappy with the legs and tail in the original so I thought of a hockey crest idea that would eliminate that. Maybe also malking the head the primary?

Any hockey name ideas? Doesn't have to be am eagle? Also do you have any More areas I should work on it the original?

I'd definately rework the talons on the eagle. I suggest looking at the Seahawks alternate logo because of the similarities of your logo:

http://sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=he0r2sbq6u7gr9i2th9q

Take note of the angle of the claws, they look as if their ready to grasp. As for yours, I'd shift the background leg over to the right so that the claw could be more visible.

As for a hockey team name, I'm definately not the guy to go to, I know nothing about hockey.

Hope I helped.

You should make the back claw much more prominent than you have had in previous versions. Look at that picture for reference.

I feel that when you are adding colors/highlights, they are not really following the contours of the feathers.

But this looks very good!

Archived