Bringing Back the Bullets

Moseph

With everything that has gone on in DC this year, Abe Pollin passing away, Arenas getting suspended, and the team trying to start over, why not just change everything? I realize it would be kind of weird to switch back to the Bullets after one of the stars was caught with guns, but I wanted to update one of my favorite uniforms. I went back to the red white and blue with an updated version of the '78 logos and unis. I also made a secondary dc logo,and a red alternate uniform. I love how the Caps went with an updated retro a couple of years ago and figured I would try it with this franchise.

BulletsConceptLogo3jpeg.jpg

Bulletshomejpeg.jpg

BulletsRoadjpeg.jpg

BulletsAlternatejpeg.jpg

SouthParkBaseballOriolespngsmall.png

Now starting for the Washington Bullets????????????EVIL KINEVIL!!! j/k

But really, this is too busy. The number are too wide and illegible. The striping on the top is overkill and doesn't match the shorts, with their sharp accents. Keep working.

Gotta agree with pretty much everything bohob said. The number font is too wide; remember you have to fit two digits on most of the jerseys. By the same token, the font for the nameplate has the same problem; if you try to fit a name like "Douglas-Roberts" on there, it will never fit. Always design for the worst-case scenario.

The DC mark works as a secondary, but not as a logo going across the chest on the uniform. It is much too square for that.

Frankly, I thought the Bullets identity was pretty outdated when it was replaced with the Wizards, and they do go back to that name, while I would like to see some elements remain -- perhaps the stripes on the uniforms -- the primary logo needs to go right back to the drawing board and get a total overhaul. What you have here is just a revamp of something that needs to be completely redone.

i'm going to state the fact that since washington has changed it's name from the bullets to the wizards, it's been nothing but terrible. Sure they had the short stint with Jordan but it's about time that the team needs an overhaul or rebrand. The Wizards just aren't working - plain and simple.

Next season they should bring back the Bullets. Simply for the fact that they should donate a dollar for gun safety.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

i'm going to state the fact that since washington has changed it's name from the bullets to the wizards, it's been nothing but terrible. Sure they had the short stint with Jordan but it's about time that the team needs an overhaul or rebrand. The Wizards just aren't working - plain and simple.

Next season they should bring back the Bullets. Simply for the fact that they should donate a dollar for gun safety.

Bullets would never be a politically correct franchise name anymore, especially not in D.C., once the "Murder Capital of the USA."

It's an interesting concept in updating an old franchise, but it's clearly not something that will ever happen in reality.

Bullets would never be a politically correct franchise name anymore, especially not in D.C., once the "Murder Capital of the USA."

It's an interesting concept in updating an old franchise, but it's clearly not something that will ever happen in reality.

gilbert-arenas-gun.jpg

So... just getting this out of the way.

Please Continue

However, I'd like to see you improve upon this look. I'm not so sure I agree bohob's stripes concern, but I'm definitely in agreement with him when it comes to the text and number font.

I don't like the DC logo, and you could stand to scale back the shoulder-side stripes quite a bit so they're a little thinner and have more of the base color, but I like where you're going. Not sure about the names and numbers, though.

β™« oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is goneΒ β™«

First of all, I've LOVE the Bullets name to return. As a fan of their team and non-fan of the Wizards identity, it needs to come back regardless of Gilbert's stupidity.

Great job on those uniforms. They're a great update to a great set from the past. The ball size has been addressed, but the front numerals could be larger. Also, the numbers COULD be a little too thick to use two digits on them. True the Bullets current roster does use mostly single-digit numbers and they always seem to, but try Drew Gooden's #90 and they could look squished on the back.

6974.jpg

87Redskins.png

Archived