Kentucky Bluegrass

raysox

Hey guys. Getting it done on a sketch pad, I planned some more football concepts. First was the Kentucky Wildcats, then to put it in a group, I also did Louisville, and Western Kentucky. Sit back in youre desk chair and enjoy.

28/120 Kentucky

I have a few things on Kentucky. The first is a concept with simple dual sleeve stripes. Those stripes are also on the helmet and pants. Both have a checkerboard pattern on the back of the jersey. The second one is with stripes running down the sleeves, like the Titans. I modeled it after the current basketball SoD jersey.

Lastly, I tried putting numbers on the stripes, something new I think.

Kentucky.png

Kentucky2.png

Notice the UK logo i made. Its not like the current one. When I was vectorizing it, I noticed how much I hated the outlines not being even. I made one with even outlines, just to try, and liked it better.

UK.png

29/120 Louisville

I knew the currents had sleeve stripes, and a drop shadow on the numbers. I took that, and made it modern. Instead of the cardinal head on the helmet, I moved it to the sleeve, and took the Cardinal with a wing, and Louisville over it. Also, I left the Louisville script on the chest. The white socks go with red pants. Finally made a Pro Combat style pants stripe.

Louisville.png

30/120 Western Kentucky

Matching stripes running from under the armpit down onto the pants. Strategically making the stripes the same on the home and road, so they would match on the silver pants. The primary is on the helmet, and the mascot logo is on the sleeve. It seemed very fitting for WKU. Chose a font close to the logo's font for the number. Then decided to put stripes on the socks, just for fun.

WKU.png

Comments? Suggestions? Requests? Sarcastic remarks?

Kentucky: Nothing amazing, but definately something I can see on the field. The only thing I dislike is the checkered back, and I personally think that'd look better for a Tennessee concept. I prefer number 2, without the checkers as mentioned. Love the tweaks on the logo.

Louisville: Eh, again it's nice but I think the primaries are a little more decent than these. The helmet logo is alright, I think the cardinal head is a little more suitable. I don't care for the bird on the sleeves as well, but the one on the pants looks pretty nice with the stripes.

WKU: Love the look here, clean and simple. Those pant stripes are very nice, and the motion you have with them reminds me of the helmet logo, with the hand waving the towel.

Great work, can't wait to see Illinois (if you haven't done the Illini yet?).

Kentucky- Like #2 better, checkers gotta go, and my eyes are pleased by the logo tweak.

Louisville- Don't like the helmet logo (too busy, try this)And try to cut down on all of the logos everywhere.

WKU- Love everything! What font is did you use for numbers?

Request-EKU

I am hoping that you do Eastern, Murray and Morehead State also.

BTW...I like the 1st UK design very much.

The Louisville black...not so much. But, I'm not a "black for black's sake" kind of guy.

Notice the UK logo i made. Its not like the current one. When I was vectorizing it, I noticed how much I hated the outlines not being even. I made one with even outlines, just to try, and liked it better.

Lol, this cracked me up, considering the barely noticeable differences, however, yours is better.

Solid concepts, the checkerboard on Kentucky seems to be overkill but overall it's good. Louisville is pretty good, I like the drop shadow but I can't really remember what they wear now so i don't know if that's even new (i'm gonna go look). The striping on WKU is unique and I like what you tried to do in theory, but it would look pretty amateurish (high school) in real life, and that number font isn't the best (the serifs on the top and bottom kill it for me).

Hey guys. Getting it done on a sketch pad, I planned some more football concepts. First was the Kentucky Wildcats, then to put it in a group, I also did Louisville, and Western Kentucky. Sit back in youre desk chair and enjoy.

28/120 Kentucky

I have a few things on Kentucky. The first is a concept with simple dual sleeve stripes. Those stripes are also on the helmet and pants. Both have a checkerboard pattern on the back of the jersey. The second one is with stripes running down the sleeves, like the Titans. I modeled it after the current basketball SoD jersey.

Lastly, I tried putting numbers on the stripes, something new I think.

Kentucky.png

Kentucky2.png

UK.png

29/120 Louisville

I knew the currents had sleeve stripes, and a drop shadow on the numbers. I took that, and made it modern. Instead of the cardinal head on the helmet, I moved it to the sleeve, and took the Cardinal with a wing, and Louisville over it. Also, I left the Louisville script on the chest. The white socks go with red pants. Finally made a Pro Combat style pants stripe.

Louisville.png

30/120 Western Kentucky

Matching stripes running from under the armpit down onto the pants. Strategically making the stripes the same on the home and road, so they would match on the silver pants. The primary is on the helmet, and the mascot logo is on the sleeve. It seemed very fitting for WKU. Chose a font close to the logo's font for the number. Then decided to put stripes on the socks, just for fun.

WKU.png

Comments? Suggestions? Requests? Sarcastic remarks?

Being a Kentucky Fan, I can honestly say that I do not like several things that you done:

1. I don't like the stripe on the helmet

2. Kentucky looks better when they wear their blue jersey and pants

3. The first concept is okay, but he second ones is horrible.

As far as the rest of them, I like what you did with the WKU Hilltoppers.

spacer.png

Archived