Blue Jackets investigating misuse of their logo.

NEW.ERA

I don't necessarily blame the politician. Wouldn't expect him to recognize the stolen logo. I doubt anybody outside of Ohioans or hockey fans who would recognize the Blue Jacket logo.

I do blame whoever on his staff stole it, though.

Not just hockey fans, but "more than just casual" hockey fans. I'm willing to bet that the casual American hockey fan (fan of their home team, not necessarily the sport) wouldn't recognize the logo.

I would consider myself such. Obviously, I am a logo freak on top of it. Still, I believe I would recognize the plagiarism, but I wouldn't be able to remember whose logo it was or what sport it was for.
OldRomanSig2.jpg

2879378-6081773-thumbnail.jpg

I like how they went out of their way to flip the logo, change the star field, but couldn't take five seconds to remove the white space between the star and the flag on the right.

Puck Daddy has wrote about the situation and Marc Delphine explains the mess.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/U-S-Senate-candidate-on-how-campaign-stole-Co?urn=nhl,227264

"They were all like, 'What are you doing with their logo?' and I was like, 'I didn't make the logo!' and we pulled it immediately," said Delphine

Sure. That's the clear, confident voice of a man we want in the Senate. :rolleyes:

Actually, you never know.

Oregon, after all.

Plus, this incident has given the guy free national attention and given him the chance to be seen widely responding responsibly and appropriately to a minor bit of wrongdoing. It also highlights the degree to which his campaign relies on volunteers. True, his chances are close to zero. But his chances are better now than they were before his campaign put up a stolen sports logo.

20082614447.png

Oregon, after all.

Plus, this incident has given the guy free national attention and given him the chance to be seen widely responding responsibly and appropriately to a minor bit of wrongdoing. It also highlights the degree to which his campaign relies on volunteers. True, his chances are close to zero. But his chances are better now than they were before his campaign put up a stolen sports logo.

So instead of firing that volunteer are you proposing that they should actually hire this person and reward them for giving them free publicity for a bit of copyright infringement? :D

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

It goes to show you that there's more cost to logo design than the logo itself. Anyone who tries to work on the cheap opens themselves up for legal action.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Oregon, after all.

:huh: As an Oregon native and Oregon resident, I'd really appreciate you to elaborate on your statement.

To the rest of the nation, that corner of the nation has a "reputation". :P

Hey, tax evaders get Cabinet positions now, so I guess I shouldn't be so surprised if this less-serious lawbreaker wins. :D

87Redskins.png

Buster and Gothamite, I totally agree that this state has a poor track-record when it comes to the politicians we elect. Bob Packwood and Neil Goldschmidt come to mind, and don't even start with me on Portland Mayor Sam Adams... :puke:

Points well made, gentlemen. As you were B)

EDIT - Let us not forget Stu Rasmussen, either. Google if you wish... :unsure:

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Archived