Too Cliparty?

DanDismounts

nice work, but you really should get rid of that last outline. if you want a final white outline, draw one.

the ai outline is poor and the rounded edges always seem to take a way the nice dynamic edges. look at the teeth for instance.

i still reckon you could simplify it further. im sure youre pretty happy with it as it is, but perhaps just for kicks and for practice

you might like to try a few versions?

lastly the wordmark has been neutered by the outlines also. i reckon you could just use orange for tigers and white for huron,

no outlines at all, but if you are going to use one, make sure you keep your edges sharp and you fill in any of those awkward

negative spaces (see between r and s on tigers). also the text should be half that size and be separated more from the logo.

its all crammed together so far.

nice helmet placement. oh and nice helmet.

That tongue still isn't exactly right for me. It looks like he's sticking it out too much almost like he's at the doctor or something. I'd move it back farther into the mouth so it's not touching the the bottom teeth. Also, somewhere in all these updates he lost the intensity in his face. If you turned those two "eyebrow" lines inward then it would make him appear angrier.

Great job though. It rivals a lot of tiger logos out there.

PvO6ZWJ.png

nice work, but you really should get rid of that last outline. if you want a final white outline, draw one.

the ai outline is poor and the rounded edges always seem to take a way the nice dynamic edges. look at the teeth for instance.

i still reckon you could simplify it further. im sure youre pretty happy with it as it is, but perhaps just for kicks and for practice

you might like to try a few versions?

lastly the wordmark has been neutered by the outlines also. i reckon you could just use orange for tigers and white for huron,

no outlines at all, but if you are going to use one, make sure you keep your edges sharp and you fill in any of those awkward

negative spaces (see between r and s on tigers). also the text should be half that size and be separated more from the logo.

its all crammed together so far.

nice helmet placement. oh and nice helmet.

I changed the outline to keep a nice crisp feel to it like you said, Thanks for the advise!...I'll work on the wordmark a little later I got a pretty full day of classes ahead of me so it wont be til later.

Tigers.jpg

By the way of course the helmet looks sweet, best helmet template out there! :P Thanks for that also!

dd-1.jpg

DAN|dismounts

I find that while very slightly different, there is something that looks quite different about the mouth: It no longer feels like a Roar, but more of a "Open up and say Aaah!" at the doctor's.

Can't tell you how to fix it (what a surpries... :wacko: ) but it doesn't seem as angry as the previous version...

Then again, maybe I've been staring at it for too long... should get back to work...

Keep up the great work!!!

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

I find that while very slightly different, there is something that looks quite different about the mouth: It no longer feels like a Roar, but more of a "Open up and say Aaah!" at the doctor's.

Can't tell you how to fix it (what a surpries... :wacko: ) but it doesn't seem as angry as the previous version...

Then again, maybe I've been staring at it for too long... should get back to work...

Keep up the great work!!!

I think it has to do with the fact that the tiger has no definition around the nose...

tigercat.jpg

While the perspective is off on this tiger, you can see how a cats nose forms a shape that looks something like this:

( v )

It definitely needs the tongue. Maybe make it follow the near line of the lower jaw a little bit more? Doing that may help the two lines that are kinda working against each other.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Archived