Springfield Falcons' new colors

BostonBlazer

The AHL's Springfield Falcons are changing NHL affiliates for next season. Edmonton's activating their dormant franchise going to Oklahoma City while the Falcons are getting Columbus as their new affiliate. With the Blue Jackets as the Falcons' new affiliate, the Falcons logo will have a new color scheme matching Columbus' colors.

Here are the links to the old and new color schemes:

Old

New

This is a downgrade, IMO. That color scheme is just ugly. What does everyone else think?

Forget the color scheme. Have you looked at the actual logo? It's horrible. I don't care what colors you use, it's going to look friggin' ugly. As a professional graphic designer, I wonder how other professionals can let crap like this become public. This is one of the crappiest logos I've seen, I would be embarrassed if I created this logo. Colors won't save a bad logo like this.

Why do AHL teams have to change their colour scheme every time they get a new affiliate? It's really annoying trying to keep up with these teams. Don't they understand anything about branding? Consistent colour schemes are a good thing.

There was no reason to change the colour scheme this time around. The current uniforms are much better than the replacements too.

DEATH TO REEBOK

Why do AHL teams have to change their colour scheme every time they get a new affiliate? It's really annoying trying to keep up with these teams. Don't they understand anything about branding? Consistent colour schemes are a good thing.

There was no reason to change the colour scheme this time around. The current uniforms are much better than the replacements too.

I've never understood this either. I like the fact that the Moose don't use the Canucks colours.

Many teams do this to maintain the look of consistency throughout the affiliations of a franchise. It's not even really about merchandising in this sense, it's all about the whim of the ownership.

When the Lowell Lock Monsters entered the league, the colors were red, black and purple. It wasn't until the Hurricanes took control of the team that the colors shifted to black, red and silver, and the logo was placed on the parent club's template.

Of course, now they are the Lowell Devils, and aside from the team logo, the uniforms are clones of the NJ Devils.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived