Utah Jazz

Hoopskid

With rumours of the Jazz getting new modern uniforms and returning to the J-note logo I decided to whip something up.

Home is white, away is navy and the alternate is green. I wanted the jerseys to be modern, yet have a basic clean design. The alternate is a little weird but I though it'd be a cool jersey to wear for a couple of games. The image on the back has the city of salt lake city (taken from the city's flag) and the old jazz mountains.

What do you guys think?

Also, what do you think of the new style I'm using to recreate the mesh, good or bad?

1 thing I should note is that I created the Utah wordmark from parts of my own and bits from another concept I found on this board, can't remember who it was, but if anyone knows let me know.

So have it 'em, what do you think?

jazzconcept2.png

That mesh looks like glitter, so I'd say bad. I'd consider toning it down a bit so that it's not so obvious, it takes away from the concept.

I can't tell you how tired I am of these Utah Jazz green-blue-gold-white concepts, I personally think that color scheme is hideous.

However, the basis of the uniforms you have now is actually quite appealing. You definately went modern, and I like that. My suggestion is using light blue, navy, silver, and white, and possibly make the two-tone color in between the middle of the stripings on the backside, silver for the homes and light blue for the roads. I'd also drop the JAZZ logo at the shorts and that green alternate.

This has potential...

I grew up watching the Jazz, and while their newest uni's were a drastic change, their simplicity has grown on me. The old colors are really dated, too, but I actually like these concepts. Dark green vs. green is a good change, dark blue is less garish than purple and it's a nice link to the current colors, and gold looks better than yellow.

The subliminated details on the back are interesting (in a good way) and I like how you used the mountains from the current/90's logo. How you've tied Jazz history together in these, all while taking a step into the future, is great. I think this is my favorite Jazz concept in these colors I've seen on this forum. In fact, I like these enough that I almost wish Utah would actually do this.

One conceptual question: Would you consider putting the the silhouette of the mountains in the chest stripe on the alts?

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

Thanks for the comments thus far...

when you say the mesh looks like glitter, are you referring to all of it, or just the gold part? Because the gold part is intended to be a shiny/glitter like material, the rest is not.

Thanks, I did have the mountains in there but I wasn't liking it. I'll post a preview soon if you'd like to see how that looks.

Thanks for the comments thus far...

when you say the mesh looks like glitter, are you referring to all of it, or just the gold part? Because the gold part is intended to be a shiny/glitter like material, the rest is not.

Thanks, I did have the mountains in there but I wasn't liking it. I'll post a preview soon if you'd like to see how that looks.

Just the gold part. I just think overall it's too distracting.

I would agree with you on the green jersey, but the navy and white seem fine to me. I could alter the transparency of them so they're less noticable, but I was going for a realistic look.

I'm still messing around with it, so your opinion definetly helps me out, I'll keep working on it.

EDIT:

Here's a view if I lower the transparency on the mesh, looks good to me, not sure which is better tho.

And one without the mesh (for the most part)

jazzconcept21.png

Could you, please? I'd just like to see how it looks. Thanks!

Also, the lower transparency on the mesh looks good, but you need to lower it on the wording/ball on the chest too.

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

I don't understand what you're saying chestnutz...the wordmarks, numbers, piping is above the mesh? Sometimes the wordmarks have mesh too though if that's what you mean.

I think what he means is that the way you have it, it appears that the numbers and wordmark are screen printed as opposed to stitched.

The wordmark blocks off the mountains, I could find away around it, but I wasn't sure if I wanted the sublimated thing on the alternate.

jassconcept3.png

If the gold piping was made to look all glittery, I'd actually like the jersey MORE. It looks festive, and I think it'd be a nice nod the the ol' New Orleans Jazz.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Regardless of the format of the images, the concepts themselves are brilliant. Can't say I'm a big fan of the skyline sublimation, but that can be easily overlooked due to the crispness and clean lines. In reference to the Tennessee concept however, GO SPARTANS!

The look of the mesh takes a bit of getting used to, but I think you've pulled it off pretty well. Also, all of the uniforms look pretty nice. I would make one suggestion on Michigan State: I like the way the piping on the white jersey is silver, and thus not very distracting when it cuts across the jersey. I'd try making the piping on the green jersey the dark green color instead of silver so it would have the same effect.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

I have to agree with what dgnmrwrw said about the pipng, other than that, State looks great.

(Also, may I recommend that you consider doing a college basketball uniform redesign for each of the conferences? I think you have great taste, and would love to see you take on the majority of the teams.)

Archived