NFL Concepts

dmhtfld

Your revised Broncos concept is outstanding.

Only thing I don't like is the mono set but that's just my own 'death to monos' prejudice talking. The orange over blue isn't as strong as the other combos but it works ok.

I generally never use the 'this is what they should be wearing' card but in this case I'll make an exception. It'd be great to see it on one of the action templates.

(Where's Darkhaha? He'll like this...)

You are correct sir! I think these would make a fantastic update -- excellent work! I love everything about them except the extra outline on the helmet logo, as Buster pointed out in a previous post.

Extra outline? theres only one outline on the helmet. are you saying i should get rid of that?

Yes, perhaps I should have said "the outline" rather than "the extra outline." I think the way the logo is rendered on the Broncos' existing helmets (with no outline) is cleaner than the way you have it here. Again, though, kudos for the overall design!

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing I really like about the Broncos concept is the jersey style. You don't need a logo on the sleeves because the jersey itself is iconic enough and as a bonus, it works very well with current jersey cuts. The old Namath-era Jets jerseys are the same. The jersey alone says "Namath-era Jets." Obviously there are several examples from the past (Colts, Cowboys etc.) but few from the present (in a good way at least).

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

One thing I really like about the Broncos concept is the jersey style. You don't need a logo on the sleeves because the jersey itself is iconic enough and as a bonus, it works very well with current jersey cuts. The old Namath-era Jets jerseys are the same. The jersey alone says "Namath-era Jets." Obviously there are several examples from the past (Colts, Cowboys etc.) but few from the present (in a good way at least).

Totally agree! I've been messing around with some Bronco concepts that incorporate the modern logo and colors with the contrasting sleeves of the mid-60s set, but this is the best modernization I've seen. I'd be a happy camper of the Broncos would adopt this design and de-Nikefy their current unis.

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

would this helmet be better?

BillsHelmet.png

Seeing a white bills helmet without stripes is like seeing someone for the first time after they've shaved their head. "Dude. You look bald." I like the look. It's just unexpected.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

would this helmet be better?

BillsHelmet.png

Seeing a white bills helmet without stripes is like seeing someone for the first time after they've shaved their head. "Dude. You look bald." I like the look. It's just unexpected.

Just the same vibe I was getting.

Have to say I have never been a fan of white helmets with no stripes. The only team that pulls it off is the Cardinals, IMHO, and I still think they should have a red or black facemask...

Archived