2010 NBA Finals Preivew

NJTank

I'll tell ya what, I don't think Boston-Miami's going 7. Honestly, the Heat strike me as incredibly mediocre (as opposed to crippled like the Bucks and Blazers, or dysfunctional like the Bulls). I also think while the Lakers will beat OKC, it'll be anything but easy. That one's going seven, I figure.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I think the Eastern Conference first round will be pretty predictable. The Cavs, Magic, Hawks and Celtics will win their respected series in 4 to 6 games, it would have been more interesting if the Bulls still had Ben Gordon(against Cleveland) or the Bucks still had a healthy Bogut(against ATL).

Now the Western Conference is an all out shoot out with possible upsets all over the place. The only lock in the first round imo is LA Lakers, OKC I don't think will threaten them past 5 games(they'll pull one out at home). The remaining 1st round series out West can all possibly go 7 games. I thought the Suns were an easy lock to beat Portland(w/o B. Roy), but Portland played them rather well in game 1 of their series.

alkaline-trio_logo-with-heart.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

http://sportsecyclopedia.com/tank/NBA2010/nba10secondround.html

Partial Second Round

Comments and Your Picks

I think that the Spurs will beat PHX. PHX in their peak could not beat SAS in a series and I really do not think that version 2.0 will can reverse that. SAS and Popovich know they just have to win one game on the road and will steal one. George Hill's minutes last year have proved to be important as a 2nd year player, he is not afraid to take key shots and the offense is not afraid to go to him.

The fact that both will play in venues which they do not share for NHL will make this series much faster than CLE.

The Western Conference Finals will be Spurs vs. Lakers. Spurs match up well against the Suns and the Lakers match up well against the Jazz. Jerry Sloan didn't even sound all that confident in his press conference when he mentioned that the Lakers are going to be the second-round matchup for the Jazz.

East Finals is gonna be Cavs-Magic. The Celtics will give Cleveland hell, but I don't see them winning this series. The Hawks, meanwhile, had several advantages over the Bucks that allowed them to win the last two games (notably, being completely healthy vs. big man down, length, quickness, shooting). Those advantages will be nullified against Superman & Co. The only way Atlanta will have much of a chance is if they can draw fouls on Howard early and often, although Gortat's no slouch backing him up.

East: Cavs over Celtics in 5; Magic over Hawks in 6

West: Lakers over Jazz in 6; Spurs over Suns in 6

2016cubscreamsig.png

In the East I believe will be a re-match for the Eastern Conference Championship between the Magic and Cavs. In the West I don't see the Lakers or Spurs losing, so I believe we will see them battle it out for the Wester Conference Championship. Here's my prediction for the Semi's:

Eastern Conference Semi-Finals:

Magic over Hawks 4-1

Cavs over Celtics 4-2

Western Conference Semi-Finals:

Lakers over Jazz 4-2

Spurs over Suns 4-3

alkaline-trio_logo-with-heart.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

well that was a weird second round. Spurs and Jazz get swept, though they at least put up much more of a fight than the Hawks. And in predicting the Cavs would take care of the Celtics, I neglected one fundamental (and as it turned out, vital) fact: Rajon Rondo is better than Mo Williams. Granted, Mo has always looked for his own shot above anything else (just ask Bogut...I think Jennings passed to Bogut more often in one season than Mo even thought about doing so in three) but still, I shouldn't have overlooked that.

Enough about the second round, here are my conference finals picks:

East: Magic over Celtics in 7

West: Suns over Lakers in 7

Both: there will be blood.

2016cubscreamsig.png

• 3 weeks later...

If Lakers go up 2-0, the Lakers will win in five.

If Boston gets Game 2, the Lakers will win in six.

But the Lakers have a really good postseason home record, and Boston is actually a better road team than home team this season, so I think Lakers will close out the series in five.

Or maybe they'll lose. History says they will. But maybe this is the year we rewrite history for the first time since 1987.

Archived