The NBA in the ABA

MDC

I dont know how many teams I will do, but it should be fun no matter how long it goes. What I'm doing is taking the current identity of NBA teams, and completely ruining it by seeing what they could have looked like during the 60's and 70's as an ABA team. I will most likely not do teams that were in the actual ABA (Nets, Spurs, Nuggets, Pacers). Any questions, just ask in this thread. Here is my updated ABA logo:

ABAlogo.png

My first team will be up shortly

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Team #1: Los Angeles Clippers

Well.....I went with a nautical theme here, something the Clippers havent really done. The logo, and uniforms feature a wave effect. The uniforms may seem a bit weird, and aesthetically confusing, but remember it's 1970 in this scenario.

ClippersABA.png

What team should I do next? I was thinking Hornets or Magic

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

I like that Clippers logo, it's very much in the style of the day. I also like the wave effect, it works well and, again, works in context of the period.

Do the Spurs next, please.

FsQiF2W.png

I like the unis and logo, but the font in both looks out of place, looks too futuristic IMO.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

The jerseys look good but the numbers/wordmark font just doesn't match. Not to mention the home has a triple layer number while the road only has two. Fix that and it will look amazing.

I agree about the outlines, although I think the wordmark and the numbers match. Looks like the same font to me.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

The jerseys look good but the numbers/wordmark font just doesn't match. Not to mention the home has a triple layer number while the road only has two. Fix that and it will look amazing.

I agree, although I think the wordmark and the numbers match. Looks like the same font to me.

I meant match the look. The font is very late 90's/early 2000's looking while the rest is 70's

ManchesterCity_10Sig.png

I agree, although I think the wordmark and the numbers match. Looks like the same font to me.

I meant match the look. The font is very late 90's/early 2000's looking while the rest is 70's

Oh ok. My bad.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

Archived