Happy Anniversary Rosie Ruiz

NJTank

Nobody made cheating seem so cool as Rosie Ruiz, who "won" the Boston Marathon after starting the race, and hoping on a subway to the final mile and re-entering the course to grab the crown. Too bad she forgot that people saw her on the subway, and TV cameras did not see her in the race. However, does anybody remember who really won.

A true classic.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Nobody made cheating seem so cool as Rosie Ruiz, who "won" the Boston Marathon after starting the race, and hoping on a subway to the final mile and re-entering the course to grab the crown. Too bad she forgot that people saw her on the subway, and TV cameras did not see her in the race. However, does anybody remember who really won.

A true classic.

I don't remember the name, all I knew was the winner was Canadian... but I doubt with today's chip technology that this would ever happen again. ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

A true classic.

I don't remember the name, all I knew was the winner was Canadian... but I doubt with today's chip technology that this would ever happen again. ^_^

No, which makes it so uniqiue. Of course if it happened today it would explode in to a huge scandal and they would want to throw someone in jail.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived