Heritage Classic

kiwi_canadian

So rumors are going around that Calgary will host an out door game known as the Heritage Classic. It will be played at McMahon Stadium. The teams said to be involved are going to be the Flames and either the Canucks or the Canadiens. Personally I would like to see the Canucks. The Habs have already been in a Heritage Classic and the Canucks have had more of a rivalry with the Flames over the past few years. So with that, my concept is this. I propose for a "Heritage Classic" the 2 teams go back to their WHL days. Both the Canucks and Calgary won the Lester Patrick Cup on more then one occasion in the old WHL. Back then, Vancouver had the Canucks and had the likes of Bryan Hextall, Don Cherry (yes, THAT Don Cherry), Tony Esposito and so on. Calgary was known as the Stampeders. So for the concept, I have chosen the Vancouver Canucks vs. The Calgary Stampeders. (Also fitting as the CFL Stampeders play at McMahon Stadium). Both jerseys are based off of their '50s style jerseys and I chose that decade because both teams won championships in that decade. So enjoy.

HeritageClassic.png

Really really liking these, First concept I've seen that isn't retro NHL jerseys this took effort and truly lives up the name the Heritage Classic.

Overall great job.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Concepts are great! I would recommend a couple of adjustments to Canucks. First the Johnny Canuck shoulder patches look a little too small and low on the yoke. Also, I would change the striping on the legs to match the arms (not double the striping pattern). Those would really clean up the concept nicely.

Concepts are great! I would recommend a couple of adjustments to Canucks. First the Johnny Canuck shoulder patches look a little too small and low on the yoke. Also, I would change the striping on the legs to match the arms (not double the striping pattern). Those would really clean up the concept nicely.

The socks actually match (or as close as I could) the socks from the 1950's uniforms. I'm going for as accurate as possible for those.

CKWX-photo44.jpg

Your concepts are absolutely beautiful.

The only problem is that the 2011 Winter Classic will have the Penguins [again] and possibly the Capitals.

The NHL has to give Crosby maximum exposure. :rolleyes:

This Heritage classic, which is played in Canada between two Canadian teams. Winter Classic is played in the US.

And according to NHL, in 2011 will be two outdoor games.

Archived