Washington Wizards concept logo

cyandlux

I went with an updated angular Wizard but not so angular he looks like a geometric sketch.

I think it would be a good time for a change.

wiz1.jpg

UPDATE:

wiz2.jpg

This was made in the last 2 months since I've been home. So, fairly new.

C&C as always.

As was said above, it looks great. On it's own and taken at face value, I wouldn't suggest changing anything with this logo set. Unfortunately, the Orlando Magic exist, and have basically the same identity.

I find it hard to believe the league actually gave the OK for that to happen in the first place, but since it has, if either of those teams changes their identity, they're going to have to move further away from the other team, not closer. I'd say adding stars to the Wizards' set moves the two identities closer,

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I really like this. The wizard on the primary is very well done. My only suggestion (and it's totally up to you) is create gold script or make the primary color gold. Otherwise, I think it's very good, and yes, with the gun incident, it would be nice to see a fresh Wizards logo.

MK8_Iggy.pngMK8_Lemmy.pngMK8_Ludwig.pngMK8_Morton.png

Even with the gun incident most Wiz fans want a change back to the Bullets and think ole Ted will do it. I doubt it, but an identity change is in order.

On your concept, the Wizard is seriously awesome. The DC logo is a huge upgrade from their current one with a great local nod with the tribute to Bill Clinton (Washington Monument).

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Even with the gun incident most Wiz fans want a change back to the Bullets and think ole Ted will do it. I doubt it, but an identity change is in order.

Didn't he say in his blog that he's thought about it? I thought I read somewhere saying he's considering it, regardless of the incident.

Regarding the concept: The scripts are gorgeous, although I'd like to see how it looked in gold. My only criticism is that the wizard is very stiff. I think the script in front of him kills all the movement in the logo.

I LOVE it!!!

The ONLY thing I would like to see, is perhaps making the "I" in the wordmarks of WIZARDS and WASHINGTON, the crystal you show in the secondary logo. You don't have to show us...just try it out and see what you think. Perhaps incorporate some of the blue-ish tint to the white crystal?

EDIT....i see that its NOT a crystal and in fact, the WASHINGTON MONUMENT....i feel stooooopid now. sorry...lol

still try the monument as the "I"...LOL

Archived