Red Sox creeping back toward tradition?

soxkrazy

The last two Fridays at home, the Red Sox have worn their traditional game cap with their red alternate jerseys. It will be interesting to see which cap is worn on Friday in Detroit. It's looking as if this cap is headed in the same direction as the red and white alternates from 1997. There is still an APB out on any Sox player, staff member, or official wearing the 2010 BP cap. I want my money back on that one!

I wouldn't mind if they ditched the "Sox" cap, it was never my favorite. Now if they came out with blue caps with red brims, or the classic red with blue brims, I wouldn't mind either as an alt at all.

TDZiMMB.png

I wouldn't mind if they ditched the "Sox" cap, it was never my favorite. Now if they came out with blue caps with red brims, or the classic red with blue brims, I wouldn't mind either as an alt at all.

I'd like to see the navy cap with a red brim with their road set. I think it'd add a little bit of the missing red back into their attire.

I aggree...the red crown/blue brim is a classic. Two of baseball's most famous games (Game 6 in '75 and one-game playoff in '78) featured those caps. I know red is supposed to be the "home" color in terms of their jackets and other outerwear, but I think the red crown/blue bill would be a perfect road cap, as the traditional blue cap just looks too good with the home set.

As long as the "B" logo is blue and not white, then I would agree.

The most traditional part of the uniform has been missing for 7 years now. Bring back the striped stirrups!

You mean like this:

Carl-Yastrzemski-Photograph-C10107139.jpeg

I agree with you, and bring back the red cap with the blue "B" and blue bill.

The most traditional part of the uniform has been missing for 7 years now. Bring back the striped stirrups!

4599231396_1ff6c0ace7_o.png

I'm all for tradition, but I think going to the all red socks makes much more sense and looks a whole lot better IMO. Afterall, they are the RED sox, not the Red, Navy, and White sox.

In regards to the "hanging sox" hat, I'm all for it being totally eliminated from their look. Love it as a logo but hate it on the hat. Just looks cartoony and out of place to me.

I've got a tweet in to Amalie Benjamin at the Globe looking for confirmation. If I were a betting man I'd say it's donezo.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Archived