Vatican City Ice Hockey

gueman

Well it has been a while since I messed with a concept between the kids, job and stand-up comedy. I just have enough time to check in here and see what everyone has been doing. But this idea has been floating around in my head for a while. Not sure if it is the beginning of a "Church/Temple/Mosque" league set or a micro nations one. I used Roman numerals instead of Arabic ones. I would limit it to just 3 characters. So not every number could be used, (8,13,17,18...) you would still have more that needed. The white helmet represents the Pope's zucchetto so it is white on all 3 uniforms.

Anyway I like how they turned out.

Home

Vaticanhomejerseycopy.png

Away

Vaticanawayjerseycopy.png

For the Alt I went with a Swiss Guard theme. The Swiss Guard wear very elaborate uniforms whose design dates back to 1577. I tried to capture the look as best I could.

swissguard.png

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

the yellow is such a bold color you need to use something else with it. maybe try more white (a Pope uni?) or red for the Cardinal Priest

i like the idea of the city running across, though i would raise it up higher on the jersey and make it a solid silhouette. that could be used as the introduction of a secondary color as well.

the Swiss Guard one is about as well done as you can do i imagine, though its not too pleasing to look at

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

• 2 years later...

Archived