Cowboys' 50th Anniversary logo

slats7

220x165.jpg

Dull, uninspired, and a quasi-ripoff of their 1984 logo.

disagree. aside from the unnecessary shading, this is a decent and to the point logo.

Would you have preferred they did something wacky like this?

21n4iuu.jpg

Dear God. That's one of the worst logos I've ever seen. This is the first time I've seen it, and I live in metro Atlanta. That says a lot about how big the Thrashers are around here.

I like it (I would!), but what I really like is the subtle acknowledgement that you don't even need words to know who this is. The Cowboys are one of only a few sports franchises that could put their no-letter logo up without explanation and everybody would know who it is.

BTW, I hated the 25th logo.

Lights Out: Calling them the "Cowgirls"? Now THAT'S classy! ;)

Couldn't agree more.

Their proper name is the Clownboys. :P

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

The Cowpokers did a fine job making something simple and classy which certainly doesn't fit that eyesore of a dome with its greasy field (every time I've had the misfortune of seeing a game on TV, the field looks like it was coated with that slime you find in a Spam can).

I guess I'm the only one who likes the shading on the curves of the numbers. It really makes it pop.

I don't see why they couldn't have just taken their primary and changed the white inner stroke to gold, to symbolize the Gold (50th) Anniversary.

This is what I was talking about:

cowboysanniversary.png

I'm not one for minimalism usually, but I think this would've sufficed for the Cowboys. After all, the 50th Anniversary is the Gold Anniversary, not the Silver Anniversary.

Plus, they could use this as their primary for the season as well, with gold trim on the uniforms.

Or at the very least, add gold shading to the anniversary logo; gold looks good with silver on this occasion.

I strongly dislike the Cowboys, but that is one classy logo. My only tweak (and It's probably unnecessary) would be to change the font on the 50 to the old school serif numbers the Cowboys use on there double-star throwbacks.

I strongly dislike the Cowboys, but that is one classy logo. My only tweak (and It's probably unnecessary) would be to change the font on the 50 to the old school serif numbers the Cowboys use on there double-star throwbacks.

Agree. The 50 font is the one thing I don't like about it.

usa-sm.giffinland-sm.gifstars1-sm.gifdall1-sm.gif

220x165.jpg

Dull, uninspired, and a quasi-ripoff of their 1984 logo.

disagree. aside from the unnecessary shading, this is a decent and to the point logo.

Would you have preferred they did something wacky like this?

21n4iuu.jpg

I like it (I would!), but what I really like is the subtle acknowledgement that you don't even need words to know who this is. The Cowboys are one of only a few sports franchises that could put their no-letter logo up without explanation and everybody would know who it is.

BTW, I hated the 25th logo.

Lights Out: Calling them the "Cowgirls"? Now THAT'S classy! ;)

Couldn't agree more.

Their proper name is the Clownboys. :P

I live in ATL and am a huge Thrasher's fan. Its not a problem of lack of fans. The team never used the logo...at all last season. Think it might of been on the home helmet. They actualy listen to the fans when we bitched about how horrible it was. Getting off of that horse now though.

Anybody else think that the ribbon is to wide on the cowboys?

Dear God. That's one of the worst logos I've ever seen. This is the first time I've seen it, and I live in metro Atlanta. That says a lot about how big the Thrashers are around here.

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

Archived