Pro Player Authentic NHL Jersey Question

Morgan33

I was wearing my white Blackhawks Pro Player replica yesterday, and was reminded of one of the best details about that particular jersey. From around 1995-2006, Starter, and then Pro Player, were the only manufacturers to use the correct shoulder patches on Blackhawks replicas. CCM and Nike/Bauer used the inferior "Oval C" version, which crept into the Hawks' identity for no good reason in the mid-'90s, and even worse, is still around.

Ugh, I hate that version of the shoulder patches. I'm lucky my Nike is authentic :D

BTW, does anyone know when the time period when Nike made NHL jerseys was? I'm gonna get mine customized but I have to make sure it's era appropriate, of course.

I believe they started wearing them in the 1996/97 Season. Anaheim, Chicago and Detroit were the first teams adopt Nike uniforms. Philadelphia Toronto and San Jose joined the next year. By 1999/2000, they were all replaced by Pro-Player and CCM.

• 2 years later...

i have a pro player blackhawks jersey on ebay right now asking 149.00 check it out!!!!!

Cool story, bro. Bought one, brand new with tags, for $39 about 2 months ago. Good luck with that price point,

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

i have a pro player blackhawks jersey on ebay right now asking 149.00 check it out!!!!!

Cool story, bro. Bought one, brand new with tags, for $39 about 2 months ago. Good luck with that price point,

Indeed. I've been having trouble getting $50 for my near-mint ProPlayer Senators jersey, nevermind $150!

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I have Radim Vrbata's 1999 Avs Pro Player preseason worn jersey. The quality is on par (not better or worse) with the Starter gamers I have. I do have to say Pro Player's replicas were the only replicas to actually get the yetti shoulder patch right. CCM somehow had them completely wrong from 1995 - 2007.

One other quirky thing about the Avs Pro Player replica is they incorrectly included a border around the Avs crest logo on the white jersey only. Weird.

Archived