Soccer Concepts

Hoopskid

I like what you came up with. The style you used is very interesting. Though, the numbers on the back look a bit large and I also think you need blue shorts for the clash kit. Other than that, they're awesome!

Thanks, I was actually considering blue shorts, but wanted an all white clash. A few notes about the jersey before I move on to the next concept...

1. The darker colored stripes, which there are 6, represent the 6 republics (provinces/states) of Yugoslavia.

2. The primary kit (blue one) forms the Yugosla flag (Blue top, white shorts, red socks)

The numbers are a bit bigger because I left space for the name, so it kind threw me off on the size that they should be.

One question though: is this concept meant to show what Yugoslavia may look nowadays or is it like a vintage concept?

By the way: the 6-stripes-6-republics thing is really good!

I think it'd quite fit this years jersey if you'd change the adidas originals logo with the new one, add three stripes on the arm but not on the shoulders, and use the adidas unity font for the numbering. I'm quite interested how it'd look...think it's be cool.

This is awesome! The home shirt is perfect! I love the use of two tones of red. I also like how you included the flag on the clash kit. Very nice design overall, nothing to complain about.

I just took a look at the clash kit again and I have to say I'm not too comfortable with the numbering. Green color might do better here. That's just me though.

I was gonna say, I think you need three stripes in there somewhere if it's an adidas® kit, at least if you're aiming to be realistic. I sometimes wish they would tone down the usage of three stripes a little. Maybe there's a new, innovative way to incorporate three stripes that meshes well with your other elements.

On Yugo, I like the center placement of the crest. I think the 6 stripes could be better if used as a design element that makes the viewer more aware that the number 6 is important, instead of using then as columns across the whole jersey. It's a look that people are used to and they wouldn't think anything of the number of stripes. I like subtle, but I think it's too subtle. Also, I think you need a second set of shorts. If a team shows up to play them wearing white shorts, what are they going to use as a change?

Bulgaria, I like the green numerals better, but it seems like the only place the bright red is used is in the crest and the stripe on the white shirt. Is there a specific significance to the claret color? If not, maybe the bright red is better suited for use throughout, or else, use it in a few more places to make the elements cohesive, like in the vertical stripe on the claret shirt, and maybe sprinkle it into the shorts or socks on the change kit.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Yeah, the green numbering looks better. I like how the parts of the uniform can be combined in any way. Red-Green-Red/Green would also do great as a home uniform.

Thanks, please keep the comments coming.

I'll work on updating the Yugo kit with blue socks and work on some other changes as well. I just realized that Fifa would prefer everything to clash, so I'll try to make that possible for my future designs.

A little change from Adidas for Lithuania:

lithuania.png

This one rocks the freaking house. I would buy that shirt in an instant, and I'm not the biggest fan of large, asymmetrical shirt designs in general, though I do love sash designs. Use of color is excellent. What about doing a red sash over one leg of the green shorts to sort of visually bind the kits together a little (though I realize they won't be seen together often, if ever).

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

:censored:ing sweet man, that's my home country (well sorta) and their kits always suck (not that anyone ever sees them play). These are awesome though. One nitpick is Nike never uses the full logo with text, they just use the swoosh.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Archived