MLB Recolor: #1

cjonesy108

First, this is my first attempt at doing anything somewhat creative with logos. I admit upfront that I'm very limited in my graphic arts abilities, but hopefully this will be a place where I can try to improve. This round of "recolors" is a pretty simple exercise with Microsoft Paint, but it got the juices flowing.

The underlying premise is to try to expand the color palette in sports (i.e. there is going to be a lot of green in these recolors). Also, I know the recoloring is rough...I just didn't want to take the time to get every detail cleaned up, rather I wanted to whip up a lot of ideas quickly.

Appreciate any C&C, and hopefully I can learn from your myriad skills!

#1: Houston Astros

Inspiration: World Series logo from 2008.

Full Album: http://s760.photobucket.com/albums/xx246/cjonesy108/

I loved the green in conjunction the other two colors. I think it works pretty well with Houston's current brand.

logo.jpg

houstonongreen.jpg

stateyellow.jpg

What is that third colour supposed to be? Gold, brown, khaki, avocado...?

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

What is that third colour supposed to be? Gold, brown, khaki, avocado...?

I'm thinking vomit?

I was thinking it, just didn't want to say it.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Every time someone calls this color 'Vomit' or 'Puke Green,' I think to myself, 'Isn't actual vomit more in the tan/orange/brown range?'

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I don't like it at all. I think it will look bad on a uniform and I don't think the colors play well together, at all.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Archived