NHL Rebranded

WNDUP FX

I can't see any of those cities getting the Panthers. I actually have no issue with Florida having two teams, but they're going to need to build a new arena, hopefully this time in a safer part of Miami.

To be honest, I think it'll be Atlanta or Edmonton going to Hamilton or Phoenix going back to Winnipeg.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, I don't find any of these jerseys spectacular. Though, I do really like the Montreal one, I might even buy one if they were real, but the others are too plain for me. Thirds are usually more "out there" than the normal jerseys. Let's see some creativity!

oBIgzrL.png

I do believe that gold jerseys are not officially allowed to be considered "white" jerseys anymore. I took some heat not too long ago for having a kings concept with two different color schemes, and it really would be a hit to the brand. Also, It seems that LA fans NEED the jerseys to say Los Angeles somewhere on them. Considering the fanbase, the Kings get lost out there, so it needs to be brought in for those not in the know. The jerseys have had Los Angeles on them since the Gretzky era began.

I think you have something there with the gold jersey. Maybe the second color should be a bit more purple, but that's based on what the Kings have done before. I also think you should keep up with the shoulder logo of the away on both. Maybe have a white and a gold jersey as the set?

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

To be honest, I think it'll be Atlanta or Edmonton going to Hamilton or Phoenix going back to Winnipeg.

Hahahahaha.

What?

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/story/2010/07/22/oilers-new-arena-katz-mayor-mandel.html

Despite what's being said by the media, I believe he's planning to move the Oilers to Hamilton in 4 years time if a new arena isn't built. I think he's using Hamilton as leverage against the city of Edmonton. They've been talking about a new arena for at least 4 years and nothing has developed. From what I've read and heard from people I worked with in Edmonton, this guy is just as sneaky and slimy as Balsille, just more tact about how he pulls it off.

I do believe that gold jerseys are not officially allowed to be considered "white" jerseys anymore. I took some heat not too long ago for having a kings concept with two different color schemes, and it really would be a hit to the brand. Also, It seems that LA fans NEED the jerseys to say Los Angeles somewhere on them. Considering the fanbase, the Kings get lost out there, so it needs to be brought in for those not in the know. The jerseys have had Los Angeles on them since the Gretzky era began.

I think you have something there with the gold jersey. Maybe the second color should be a bit more purple, but that's based on what the Kings have done before. I also think you should keep up with the shoulder logo of the away on both. Maybe have a white and a gold jersey as the set?

Here's an update of the Home, Away and Alternate.

I hear what you're saying, but I'm not going to clutter up a clean design with unnecessary text. The colours aren't used by any other team in the league, so it shouldn't be difficult to distinguish my LA Kings concept from a design of Anaheim or San Jose.

35320_416967794254_502199254_4431908_3197613_n.jpg

35320_416967799254_502199254_4431909_3326634_n.jpg

38713_416980129254_502199254_4432305_5725071_n.jpg

One of the many senseless changes Bettman has made switching the Home to dark and the Away to light was nothing more than a marketing scheme. The original reason Home jerseys were white is because laundry facilities were available on site for the team wearing a lighter colour should the jerseys become covered in blood and need to be cleaned quicker. Alternately, the dark Away concealed the blood and allowed the visiting teams to hide the mess more easily until they could return home.

I can't see any of those cities getting the Panthers. I actually have no issue with Florida having two teams, but they're going to need to build a new arena, hopefully this time in a safer part of Miami.

Umm sort of of a tangent here but the Panthers have had their own arena in Sunrise(about 40 minutes north of Miami, 15 mins west of Fort Lauderdale) since 1998. The draft was held there in 2001. The Heat moved to the AmericanAirlines Arena in 2000, which is just down the road from the old Miami Arena on Biscayne Bay. So unlike most places with hockey and basketball, they no longer share.

Miami Arena during demolition(original Panthers arena):

2882329243_338827d413.jpg

BankAtlantic Center(1998-present):

bacenter.jpg

It's a fantastic arena, and only like 10 minutes from my house. Now if only the Panthers would be decent again... I was at the Panthers' last playoff game on April 20th, 2000. Swept by the Devils and haven't been back since :cry: .

Anyway, I dig that gold Kings one. The only Kings I've known in my lifetime have been the boring black/silver/purple ones. Needs that gold to make it interesting(and also tie in with the Lakers).

• 3 weeks later...

Darryl Katz wont move the oilers he is just using hamilton as leverage against the city, he's an edmonton guy who bought the team so he could see the team get back to the glory days, there is no chance that the oilers will move to hamilton. Period. End of story.

How'd you get the sparkle effect on the logos? was it just done by adding noise or was there something else involved? They look nice, by the way. I'm digging the gold sweater.

@ fishheatcats - yes, Bank Atlantic Center is gorgeous. I was there a couple of years ago watching Ilya and the Thrashers get torn up by the Panthers. The arena is so nice. It reminds me of PNC here in Pittsburgh. From a traditionalist baseball standpoint, it's among the best fields in the MLB, but nobody appreciates it because the team is awful.

sig2_by_sergeiofrussia.png

Archived