NBA Swingman jersies

THUNDA

I've actually been around on the boards for a few years, but forgot my account info, so don't blame it on the 'n00b' if the question's been asked/answered elsewhere. I haven't been able to find any info on this, so I thought I'd ask in a separate thread. I have a pretty extensive collection of NBA Swingman jersies. I think they're great - definitely the best alternative to an authentic jersey I can remember seeing, but I've found it strange that with Miami's signing of Bosh and James that there have been no signs of Swingman jersies. Not online, not in stores, yet there are bunches of replica jersies and "revolution" jersies? What's the deal? Has the NBA done away with Swingman jersies as a whole in favor of these terrible revolution jersies (which for those of you who don't know, are replica jersies made with a sleeker material) Someone clue me in if you have any info. I'd be beyond PO'd if that were the case.

hollywoodp.jpg

I thought swingman jersies were only made by Nike when they made NBA gear, but saw some of them made by Adidas. In fact I have 5 swingman shorts (Raptors, Kings, Mavericks, Sixers and Knicks) all made by Nike and I am also looking for the new Adidas swingman shorts.

Yeah, Swingman jersies were first released under the Nike label, then Reebok, then when Adidas took over Reebok they began manufacturing the Swingman jersey and decided to stamp their lame stripes on just about everything else they manufactured for the NBA. I hate it, and I will even more so if they've done away with that jersey design altogether.

hollywoodp.jpg

I've been wondering the same thing. All the Heat online store has for swingmans are some Wade, discounted Beasleys, and custom "EL HEAT" in like XXXL. I love the swingman jersey style(I have Caron Butler, Wade, 'Zo and Shaq). The replicas are lame and don't ever have the correct striping(and they are in that sleeveless T cut), and the authentics are too expensive. I remember when the replicas were better, I had a Champion Tim Hardaway replica as a kid and it didn't have the twill numbers or logos, but at least it looked right.

I remember when we got Odom before '03/'04, I called up the MiamiHoopsGear store and they said something along the lines of the jerseys are made over the summer and new players aren't available until closer to the season, so hopefully they still make the swingman, they just aren't out yet.

Yeah, sorry. I didn't come in here for a lesson in the English language, but to ask a question. I do appreciate your concern though... :rolleyes:

Anyway, I hope that's the case fishheatcats. I also have a bunch of Swingman JERSIES and absolutely love them. It'd be such a disappointment if the NBA downgraded and used pretty much 2 types of replicas with the only difference being the material they're made from. They may feel nice and may very well be comfortable to wear, but they look terrible.

hollywoodp.jpg

The plural of "Jersey" is "Jerseys", not "Jersies"...

And usually you only capitalize the J in "jerseys" at the beginning of a sentence. :rolleyes:

Well, don't I look even stupider now... :P

I've actually been around on the boards for a few years, but forgot my account info, so don't blame it on the 'n00b' if the question's been asked/answered elsewhere. I haven't been able to find any info on this, so I thought I'd ask in a separate thread. I have a pretty extensive collection of NBA Swingman jersies. I think they're great - definitely the best alternative to an authentic jersey I can remember seeing, but I've found it strange that with Miami's signing of Bosh and James that there have been no signs of Swingman jersies. Not online, not in stores, yet there are bunches of replica jersies and "revolution" jersies? What's the deal? Has the NBA done away with Swingman jersies as a whole in favor of these terrible revolution jersies (which for those of you who don't know, are replica jersies made with a sleeker material) Someone clue me in if you have any info. I'd be beyond PO'd if that were the case.

They won't be available until the preseason starts according to Miami Hoops Gear (the team gift shop inside American Airlines Arena).

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

My thinking is that the swingmans cost more to make than the replicas so they go ahead and make the replicas first before they offer up the swingmans for sale. The swingmans for the Heat are definitely being manufactured by now... so they will come soon.

They won't be available until the preseason starts according to Miami Hoops Gear (the team gift shop inside American Airlines Arena).

Cool, thanks. I was getting a little worried.

hollywoodp.jpg

There's no Swingmans as of yet because they're releasing a new model, and it more than likely will not be available before the fall. (For any team)

The new "Revolution" replica is already available, but the new model Swingman & Authentics aren't. They're actually improving them (Swingmans), without increasing the retail. Here's the link to a sample--http://cgi.ebay.com/authentic-adidas-orlando-magic-jersey-new-swingman-L-/250653283642?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_Basketball_Fan_Shop&hash=item3a5c19953a. You can see they're moving away from the polyester mesh to more of a dri-fit looking material. I believe team names & numbers are still the single-layer plasticy twill with the colours painted on them.

They're selling Bosh & LeBron authentics right now because they're probably overstocked with blanks, and just need to clear them out before the new $300 Revolution authentic comes this season. 'Bron & Bosh will never suit up in the current authentic, other than at their introduction.

To summarize:

- New style of Swingman is releasing this fall (Revolution)

- Stores are trying to clear out old (current) Swingmans with discounts to make room for the new model

- Samples have popped up on eBay (There was an OJ Mayo & TJ Ford up a couple weeks ago)

- Bring more of an authentic look, without a higher price

Archived