USBA Concepts (My Personal Basketball League)

Phitin

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Team # 2: Boston Renegades Revamp

bostonlogoset2.png

bostonhome2.png

bostonroad2.png

bostonalt2.png

I'm stuck on the Washington Generals logo right now, so I revisited some of my old identities. The Boston identity really stuck out to me as looking really amateurish. I went back in and revamped a lot of it. For starters I realized that if these teams were real, their center court logos would be their primary logos, and therefore having the wordmark on there wouldn't make sense for this team. I originally wanted to have every team have a wordmark in their primary logos like the NBA does, but I now realize that the primary logo should reflect what is seen on the court. Essentially, my league wouldn't have the NBA's rules about having the city name in the logo.

For this logo in particular, I went ahead and modified the old secondary with thicker and more consistent lines, and some more sleek details. I like this iteration a lot more than what I had before. The wordmark started to look really really boring, so I gave that a big facelift. As for the jerseys, I changed a few details here and there, but nothing too drastic. Any thoughts on this one?

phitinsig.png

I guess I'll add my two cents here.

Boston: I love the cartoonish renegade mascot. Nice concept overall, but the maroon seems a little dark to me.

Detroit: Reminds me of the Suns. Not sure if that's what you intended, but it looks pretty good to me.

Las Vegas: Definitely my favorite. Red and black is so much better than your first color scheme, and it fits the "Cardshark" theme.

Arizona: Feels like it progressed a WHOLE lot from it's first incarnation.

Great set, sir. Can't wait to see what else you got. =D

To adress the dark red, I was unsure about what type of red I wanted when I first started this one way back when. I settled on maroon-ish color paired with a bit of a lighter blue in order to distinguish this team's identity from a lot of American-themed teams. No one really suggested I change the coloring the first time I posted this so I kept it, and I can't really envision this team with a lighter red. Also, I don't want Boston's red jerseys to be too similar to Las Vegas's; I'm trying to give each team a unique color set to build around.

phitinsig.png

Alright so I just spent a little bit of time experimenting with both lighter reds and lighter blues, and I've realized that lighter red's don't look right at all (mainly because I'm using red as an outline color in the logo). I did, however, like the result I got from more of a powder blue, so I updated everything above. It's not a drastic change, but I guess the dark red on dark blue doesn't work to well, so I felt I had to change things up a bit.

phitinsig.png

Archived