Tank's Savage Challenge

NJTank

Hey there my request for a logo for my NCFA team went unfullfillied in the request section, so I decided to turn it into a challenge.

I mant a logo designed for the New Jersey State Savages. I will break teh challenge into 4 sub catagories, and then we will have the 4 match up for an overall winner.

Each could present the 4 catagories belwo as one packagae or sepertley, and I will use the winner as my logos.

Sub catagories are

Football Helemet Logo

Primary Logo

Secondary Logo

Wordmark

Enjoy, enteries will be open to say May 31st with voting June 1, with the overall winner voting starting June 15th and the winners being announced July 4th.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

since i'm sure this contest is fairly politically motivated (since you said in your original post that you want a logo so offensive you'll have people protesting), i've decided to take the name savages in a different direction, that's more globally accepted... :D

http://img47.photobucket.com/albums/v144/C...ages-helmet.jpg

more than likely controversial, but oh well... i'm both a democrat AND partially native american, so this is the idea i'm working with :)

I, henseforth, abstain from working on this logo, as I feel the Gentleman from Texas has nailed this one on the head.

Anyone care to fullibuster till the contest is over?

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Well Cole I dont think thats what I had in mind.Lets not let this deterioate into a political thread, lets have some real good concepts. I never ran a contesnt before and would like to see some of your best work.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Tank, come on, you know it's only because we have a whole lotta respect for you and because you're not an unknowing newbie that you haven't been ripped on for doing this.

Sometimes it's better to approach individual designers and ask them for help... a. it makes them feel good for being 'chosen', and b. it's much harder to brush off a personal request.

That and the subject matter is one that a lot of designers are hesitant to touch, at the risk of getting flamed for what the final product may be.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Tank, come on, you know it's only because we have a whole lotta respect for you and because you're not an unknowing newbie that you haven't been ripped on for doing this.

Sometimes it's better to approach individual designers and ask them for help... a. it makes them feel good for being 'chosen', and b. it's much harder to brush off a personal request.

That and the subject matter is one that a lot of designers are hesitant to touch, at the risk of getting flamed for what the final product may be.

What he said.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

since i'm sure this contest is fairly politically motivated (since you said in your original post that you want a logo so offensive you'll have people protesting), i've decided to take the name savages in a different direction, that's more globally accepted...  :D

more than likely controversial, but oh well... i'm both a democrat AND partially native american, so this is the idea i'm working with :)

BAHAHAHA... I love it.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

since i'm sure this contest is fairly politically motivated (since you said in your original post that you want a logo so offensive you'll have people protesting), i've decided to take the name savages in a different direction, that's more globally accepted... :D

That helmet...in a nutshell...is comedy.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Is anybody going to particiapte if not I'll close it and request a concept for the state then maybe changing the name.

tank, i might do up a concept for you.....i'll get to it within a couple days.

well i don't think anyone who knows me would consider me as a REAL contestant in a "Savages" contest to begin with. lol.

i'm one of those bleeding-heart liberal hippies that gets offended by the blatant racism of "redskins" and cultural inaccuracy of the name "indians" :) however, i have no problems whatsoever with team names like chiefs, braves, blackhawks, or apaches.

if the indians were to have a theme related to india, it wouldn't even bother me. then it'd be sorta like having the canucks or canadiens names... i wouldn't even be bothered by a "natives" name or some specific tribe from the area. i don't get offended by teams naming themselves after a group of people.

it just gets to me when a team called indians has nothing to do with india, or the people from india.... do people even call native americans indians anymore? i live in texas, which is highly regarded as racist, and i rarely ever hear anyone say "indians" anymore... it's almost as antiquated and stupid as saying "orientals" or "negros"

but yeah... redskins? that really gets to me. very few people would like a team called the "Atlanta Blackskins", with a profile shot of martin luther king on the helmet...

and before anyone uses the whole "people who are native american don't even CARE about this sorta thing... it's the liberals who are complaining FOR them," i'd just like to reitterate that i've got a little native blood in my body, as liberal as i may be. :)

(this isn't an attack on you, and i don't want to start an argument with anyone on this subject. it's the LAST thing i want to do. i just felt the need to share my personal thoughts on the matter, since that's what message boards are designed for.)

Archived