Favorite Television Logos

illwauk

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have some TV station logos I created from a few years ago, some from scratch, others are re-creations...

WMLW.jpg my logo

Wmlw.png the actual logo...this is a newer logo, and this one is better

I wouldn't hold my breath as far as WMLW ever branding itself with a number. It has a different channel for just about every format (analog/DTV/cable system/etc.) it appears on.

Oh, no doubt there...it's still a relatively new station, so I can understand them not wanting to add confusion to their station identity. WMLW, in some ways, reminds of me our UHF indie here, KDOC (based in Anaheim). KDOC, however, has been around for nearly 30 years, but since the change in ownership about four-five years ago, they spent a lot of money upgrading their programming schedule. They carry the Ducks, ESPN Plus' package of Big 12 and SEC games, and because of their ties to the Ducks' ownership, I wouldn't be surprised if they pick up the Royals (Kings) once they re-locate to Anaheim. They're a good alternative to the big boys in town, although they carry some of the same programs they do.

I have some TV station logos I created from a few years ago, some from scratch, others are re-creations...

WMLW.jpg my logo

Wmlw.png the actual logo...this is a newer logo, and this one is better

I wouldn't hold my breath as far as WMLW ever branding itself with a number. It has a different channel for just about every format (analog/DTV/cable system/etc.) it appears on.

Oh, no doubt there...it's still a relatively new station, so I can understand them not wanting to add confusion to their station identity. WMLW, in some ways, reminds of me our UHF indie here, KDOC (based in Anaheim). KDOC, however, has been around for nearly 30 years, but since the change in ownership about four-five years ago, they spent a lot of money upgrading their programming schedule. They carry the Ducks, ESPN Plus' package of Big 12 and SEC games, and because of their ties to the Ducks' ownership, I wouldn't be surprised if they pick up the Royals (Kings) once they re-locate to Anaheim. They're a good alternative to the big boys in town, although they carry some of the same programs they do.

That true KDOC is good the only change I would make is to put more shows maybe Still Standing and the Bernie Mac Show on the weekend instead of informercial.

• 3 weeks later...

Speaking of logo I was checking Wikipedia and I saw that CHCH brought back the test pattern logo and I like it they made it look classy.

Chch1986.pngCHCH2010.png

CHCH nailed it in a era where channel logo become generic as the sports graphics CHCH and KTLA 5 nailed it!

CHCH nailed it in a era where channel logo become generic as the sports graphics CHCH and KTLA 5 nailed it!

CHCH has actually bucked a trend here in Canada. CBC (except for CHEX in Peterborough), Global, A-Channel, and (ironically) CityTV have no local identification, while CTV stations have a generic script logo (CKCO here for example...)

brand.gif

CHEX in Peterborough is essentially an independent station that uses CBC programing has a standard script logo...

300px-CHEX-TV_logo.svg.png

The only other station that I can think of that has it's own local identity is CJOH (aka NTV) in St. John's...

CJON-TV.PNG

I might be biased, but I like CHCH's better....

tigercatssignature-1.png

WCVB in Boston has been using this logo as far back as 1972. Every time the channel shows a retrospective it's included with some of the original news broadcasts.

wcvb-2.png

I've lived in the Boston area my entire life and I just noticed the arrow in this logo last year.

sport-scarf_reds_zpsbb317600.png

0.jpg

Probably a superobvious question, but is the 11 supposed to represent the Twin Towers?

No, WPIX was using a variation of this logo since 1969. The World Trade Center was completed in 1971.

Correct (in a sense), but the World Trade Center proposal and contruction was long before WPIX was made, but I don't think the original intention was to model it after the WTC. Later on though I can for sure say that they were actually going to model the logo like the WTC and WPIX took note of how strongly the simple towers and the no. 11 looked. Would have been a perfect logo IMO.

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

Archived